November 7, 20178 yr But were you thinking about the difference in the severity of consequences if you were caught shoplifting in Mexico vs at home? I definitely took full advantage of the legal drinking age in Europe being able to see over the bar to order, but not once did I think about the legal consequences if I broke the law. Again, you're putting words in my mouth. I never thought about shoplifting while in Mexico.. I'm out of this conversation, you believe what you believe and I believe differently. Putting words in my mouth or telling me that you know what these kids were thinking is getting us nowhere. Have a good night.
November 7, 20178 yr Again, you're putting words in my mouth. I never thought about shoplifting while in Mexico.. I'm out of this conversation, you believe what you believe and I believe differently. Putting words in my mouth or telling me that you know what these kids were thinking is getting us nowhere. Have a good night. Wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. Just trying to give a different perspective besides defaulting to Lavar being a bad parent.
November 8, 20178 yr I dunno, I know plenty of wealthy people and have never known any of them wanting to steal, just for the adrenaline rush. Different folks, different strokes I guess. I never said all wealthy people enjoy stealing. I'm just trying to give you a peak into the mind of what liangelo and the other players were thinking. I know plenty of wealthy people who don't steal. I know plenty of not as wealthy people who don't steal and would give even the little bit they do have to someone else. I also know plenty of wealthy entitled people who have stolen, bullied, acted like they were better than people cause they have money. I'm sure their parents never taught them to act like that and probably even told them the right way to treat people and right way to act but doesn't mean the kids heard it and do it. I think you would be surprised by what even wealthier people and young adults do that their parents who taught them right know nothing about that they have done including stealing. So yes that does come off poor when you state that must be a reflection of his parenting. Many parents wealthy or not teach their kids the right way but doesn't mean it carries over. Just cause people may not get caught doesn't mean it's not happening. As grantnky stated especially college days, more of the wealthier people I knew were bigger thieves even if they didn't need to.
November 8, 20178 yr Wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. Just trying to give a different perspective besides defaulting to Lavar being a bad parent. I am with you on this.
November 8, 20178 yr How is UCLA going to treat this? Will the say it was a misunderstanding, so they can keep playing or will they really punish them? I think that is the story.
November 8, 20178 yr How is UCLA going to treat this? Will the say it was a misunderstanding, so they can keep playing or will they really punish them? I think that is the story. If he was caught shoplifting in America he'd probably get suspended by the team for 5 games or so. Does the fact that it was overseas make it more?
November 8, 20178 yr I highly doubt when they stole they were thinking about the Chinese judicial system. They should have been thinking in that direction. They’re college age people. They should know the risks. Stealing in Communist China, for whatever reason, is a much different game than stealing from the Dollar General Store in Anywhere, USA.
November 8, 20178 yr They should have been thinking in that direction. They’re college age people. They should know the risks. Stealing in Communist China, for whatever reason, is a much different game than stealing from the Dollar General Store in Anywhere, USA. It's not as simple as you are making it out to be. Obviously they should have known better and if we're being honest they did know better. But they did it anyways. Should they have thought about the differences between the US and Chinese judicial system, probably. But they didn't for whatever reason. These are college kids we are talking about. I know a ton of really smart people I went to college with that have done a lot dumber things than shoplifting in a foreign country. They come from great families and definitely knew better. They just didn't get caught. This is simply the reality we live in. College kids do really stupid things.
November 8, 20178 yr Is it bad that I laughed hysterically at this and hope they get some time in Chinese jail?
November 8, 20178 yr They've been released on bail and ordered to not leave their hotel until the legal process (charges filed/not filed) has run it's course.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.