NCC Player Walks On At UK

NKYBOY1487

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see if he indeed made it.

The team photo has already been taken and Im sure the Media Guide is at the printers.

It is my understanding he let a couple of kids who were trying to get back with the team know their situation this past weekend. Apparently Krebs has made it, and former walk on who was not with the team last year, Eric Allen, has also apparently returned to the team as a walk on.

What's it hurt? As a junior / senior in high school, I would have never imagined Krebs playing D1 basketball, even as a walk on; however, he's a little bigger than 6'4'' probably, and can shoot lights out. His shot is awkward, but accurate.

Krebs may not ever see the floor, but at least we know he'll work hard, bust his butt and can put the ball in the hole. Those are 3 things that have been missing in Lexington for way too long...

I will congratulate him for making it. But you are really going a little overboard with saying he can shoot lights out.

Regardless of whatever he lacks for D1... he makes up for it in the fact that he is a good kid, probably wont get caught drinking and driving or punching a horse. He is a dead eye buzzard shooting the ball and it doesnt cost the Cats a thing. Remember Todd Svoboda.....he was a walk on and actually got some PT. I know he was 6'9 but Krebs I am sure has balled with all of those guys down there all summer and if Tubby thinks he is good enough to make the team as a Walk on ....well thats good enough for me. Good luck.....

Regardless of whatever he lacks for D1... he makes up for it in the fact that he is a good kid, probably wont get caught drinking and driving or punching a horse. He is a dead eye buzzard shooting the ball and it doesnt cost the Cats a thing. Remember Todd Svoboda.....he was a walk on and actually got some PT. I know he was 6'9 but Krebs I am sure has balled with all of those guys down there all summer and if Tubby thinks he is good enough to make the team as a Walk on ....well thats good enough for me. Good luck.....

I don't know anything about this kid at all. Is he good enough to walk on at Duke or UCONN?

He's a walk-on people.

Probably living out a dream many of us fans would love for the opportunity to do.

Bench fodder, towel waver, doesn't matter we all would do it.

Duke has some managers dressing at times for games.

Its comical they way people try to analyze walkons.

If he doesn't hurt anyone in practice he will have done his job.

If he gets in a game or two and hits a couple shots, people will remember him and after he graduates he probably will hve a nice job somewhere in Central Kentucky.

He's a walkon, no harm done at all, if he's good enough to practice against the 1's and make them a better unit I'm all for it, he's a human cigar, if he's in the game it's in a blowout game against Directional U, good for him, we all wish for the chance that he has.

He's a walk-on people.

Probably living out a dream many of us fans would love for the opportunity to do.

Bench fodder, towel waver, doesn't matter we all would do it.

Duke has some managers dressing at times for games.

Its comical they way people try to analyze walkons.

If he doesn't hurt anyone in practice he will have done his job.

If he gets in a game or two and hits a couple shots, people will remember him and after he graduates he probably will hve a nice job somewhere in Central Kentucky.

You make some good points. In MS/HS, it seemed that everyone got a chance to play during practice time. While scrimmaging you gave those that weren't going to play 5 minutes to scrimmage. Not sure that is done in college. Those that are scrimmaging in practice are those that are going to play or have a distinct purpose in practice. None of the big boys are going to lose any development time to him.