NCC Player Walks On At UK

NKYBOY1487

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says he may redshirt with him being a transfer and all.

I heard that he, indeed, is redshirting.

People who have not seen him since high school are going to be very surprised at how much stronger he is. He has hit the weights hard.

He wasn't at a D1 school...

I think the only way you dont have to sit out is if you transfer down. It doesnt matter that he was not at a D1 school, transferring up a division forces you to sit out. Maybe there is some rule about NAIA not having to sit out, but I do not know if TMC is a DII or NAIA school.

I think the only way you dont have to sit out is if you transfer down. It doesnt matter that he was not at a D1 school, transferring up a division forces you to sit out. Maybe there is some rule about NAIA not having to sit out, but I do not know if TMC is a DII or NAIA school.

Not true. Todd Svoboda played 3 years at NKU and then switched to UK to complete his engineering degree and played immediately.

Also, as I mentioned, if no scholarship is involved the one-year requirement for D1 transfers is not in place. There is no LOI so there is no sitting.

Thomas More is Division III.

I had forgotten about Svoboda. I could have sworn I remembered someone transferring up a few years ago somewhere and having to sit out. And no, I am not thinking of Sparks, I know he was D1.

TMC doesn't do scholarships?

No Division III school can do athletic scholarships...

I had forgotten about Svoboda. I could have sworn I remembered someone transferring up a few years ago somewhere and having to sit out. And no, I am not thinking of Sparks, I know he was D1.

TMC doesn't do scholarships?

Rekalin Sims didn't have to sit out a year. Neither did Nate Knight. Neither did Antwain Barbour...

No Division III school can do athletic scholarships...
Your right, they try to slick you in there with acedemic scholarships and any keys money you might have comeing to you, only for a in house(KY) school. I know several that have gone to Thomas More and are playing soccer or some type of sport. Thomas more is a good school . BTW....good deal for markie, he is a class guy and was a pretty good HS player. Congrats!!!

Birthday wish granted: Krebs to be walk-on for Cats

After its winter of discontent in 2005-06, Kentucky basketball needed a feel-good wave to ride into this coming season. Maybe it came yesterday, three days before Big Blue Madness tips off a new season.

Mark Krebs, a guard from Newport Central Catholic, learned yesterday that he had made the UK team as a walk-on. He got the news on his birthday, which was celebrated with a family dinner last night.

"Oh, it's great," Krebs said. "It's a dream."