Joe Buck is terrible, and has always been

Jim Schue

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever heard him do baseball on TV? He absolutely never stops talking. That works on radio. The information he brings out and the research he does are amazing. But on TV the non stop rambling becomes annoying.

George Grande does this as well. It's almost like he doesn't know we can actually see what's going on. He'll interrupt a train of thought just to say that the batter fouls one off to the right.

That would be terrific - Scully calling a walk-off in game 7 at Dodger Stadium. Wow!

Two reasons I'm pulling for the Dodgers - Scully and Lasorda. Class acts, both.

Regarding Joe Buck - I've felt he's been a little distracted this post-season. Perhaps Kyle Schwarber's struggles - Kyle was his man-crush last year - have weighed on his mind.

I like Joe Buck. Liked Ernie Johnson in the earlier rounds too, but he got called away by the NBA.

Madison Bumgarner was Joe's man-crush in the 2014 World Series. (Though I'll admit to rooting for the Royals that year.)

Have you ever heard him do baseball on TV? He absolutely never stops talking. That works on radio. The information he brings out and the research he does are amazing. But on TV the non stop rambling becomes annoying.

The reason he kept rambling is he was the ONLY one in the radio booth. He quit using a partner years ago. Hard habit to break I'd imagine when doing TV.

The reason he kept rambling is he was the ONLY one in the radio booth. He quit using a partner years ago. Hard habit to break I'd imagine when doing TV.

Yes, I get that. I actually like him almost as much as everyone else on the radio. And yes, you are right, he could not turn it off when he did TV.

Yes, I get that. I actually like him almost as much as everyone else on the radio. And yes, you are right, he could not turn it off when he did TV.

VOR, I may have that incorrect. According to Baseball Reference, Scully is one of the last broadcasters to work solo. Scully called the first three innings of each Dodgers game alone, with the TV and radio signals simulcast, and then continued for the remainder of the game on TV only. Don't know when he started switching from radio to TV. I've heard him a few times and I agree he can get wordy. However, I'll take that over times when Thom B is just silent on a broadcast and you think he's fallen asleep.

George Grande does this as well. It's almost like he doesn't know we can actually see what's going on. He'll interrupt a train of thought just to say that the batter fouls one off to the right.

Just a great guy from all accounts but he drives me crazy...get em on, get em over, get em in...(have heard him say that 1,000 times). On double plays...5 - 4 - yesiree 3...ugh. When an outfielder is camping under a ball 30 feet from the warning track and he says the ball is going to the warning track...all that stuff about him is very irritating to me...