Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Buck is terrible, and has always been

Featured Replies

How did he see that first-base dig as a play that should have been challenged? Good grief. Just go away. You lost whatever 85mph fastball you may have once had.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I'm sorry, but I should be doing PBP for all games. I see stuff a lot faster than these alleged pros.

You don't see the same view Buck had and I'm not really sure he thought it was a challengable play. Joe Buck does a great job IMO.

  • Author
You don't see the same view Buck had and I'm not really sure he thought it was a challengable play. Joe Buck does a great job IMO.

 

How does Joe Freakin' Buck have fewer angles than me as a home viewer? And even if he doesn't, he can see the play live. He's terrible.

  • Author

Watching live we all see the same thing as Buck. And he misses bad, consistently. But sure, challenge that obvious call. Maybe get Tim McCarver's awfulness in with you to reassure you that the wrong call was the right one.

How does Joe Freakin' Buck have fewer angles than me as a home viewer? And even if he doesn't, he can see the play live. He's terrible.

He's watching the play live and is probably 75 yards away from the base. He doesnt see a live action slow mo version of the game. It was a close play and he has to commentate immediately before he sees a replay. Cut the man some slack.

Watching live we all see the same thing as Buck. And he misses bad, consistently. But sure, challenge that obvious call. Maybe get Tim McCarver's awfulness in with you to reassure you that the wrong call was the right one.
Buck doesn't miss bad. What are you watching?

Buck is overrated for me. Not bad. Just overrated. A few too many mistakes (e.g. just called Bregman second baseman, instead of third baseman). Misread some flyballs heightening his voice like they were going to be HR's when they were fly outs. Little things like that. He doesn't bother me but nothing special about him to be the lead guy in the World Series.

  • Author
He's watching the play live and is probably 75 yards away from the base. He doesnt see a live action slow mo version of the game. It was a close play and he has to commentate immediately before he sees a replay. Cut the man some slack.

 

I don't call plays off the replay. I call them live. I'm right almost always. So Joe and I are seeing it same time. And I've got him. I should have his job.

I don't call plays off the replay. I call them live. I'm right almost always. So Joe and I are seeing it same time. And I've got him. I should have his job.

 

If you had his job would you still post on BGP?

  • Author
Buck doesn't miss bad. What are you watching?

 

Joe Buck botch a big job.

  • Author
If you had his job would you still post on BGP?

 

I don't have an answer for that. I'd love to say yes, but I'm just not sure. Obviously my life would be a lot different.

I don't have an answer for that. I'd love to say yes, but I'm just not sure. Obviously my life would be a lot different.

 

Would you still be the same, sweet guy?

I don't watch much baseball but I like Joe Buck.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.