Joe Buck is terrible, and has always been

Jim Schue

Watching live we all see the same thing as Buck. And he misses bad, consistently. But sure, challenge that obvious call. Maybe get Tim McCarver's awfulness in with you to reassure you that the wrong call was the right one.

I agree with you about McCarver, he was the worst. I'm with VoR about Buck, not terrible but overrated.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can forgive a lot of stuff from crummy announcers during the regular season, and there are lots of them. But if you're on the call for the WS, be right, all the time.

I think you're just overreacting a little bit. I'll tell you what, why don't you do your own play by play analysis of game 7 tomorrow night and post it on BGP and we'll judge how you do? There is a reason Joe Buck is on the call of every major sporting event on FOX. You may not like him, but he does a darn good job.

I would love to hear Vin Scully call at least one inning tonight.

That would be terrific - Scully calling a walk-off in game 7 at Dodger Stadium. Wow!

Two reasons I'm pulling for the Dodgers - Scully and Lasorda. Class acts, both.

Regarding Joe Buck - I've felt he's been a little distracted this post-season. Perhaps Kyle Schwarber's struggles - Kyle was his man-crush last year - have weighed on his mind.

That would be terrific - Scully calling a walk-off in game 7 at Dodger Stadium. Wow!

Two reasons I'm pulling for the Dodgers - Scully and Lasorda. Class acts, both.

Regarding Joe Buck - I've felt he's been a little distracted this post-season. Perhaps Kyle Schwarber's struggles - Kyle was his man-crush last year - have weighed on his mind.

Did you hear what Lasorda said to Dave Roberts last night after the game? :lol2:

Did you hear what Lasorda said to Dave Roberts last night after the game? :lol2:

I heard about it and think it's awesome - the guy is 90 years old and still throwing down. If I'm not mistaken that's been his message to Roberts since the playoffs started.

He's right, too. I can't imagine anything in sports more disappointing than losing in game 7 of the finals - at home.