Trump's Tweeting: June 2017 episode

My problem with the coverage is acting like Mika is some innocent party that had dome nothing wrong. I'm from the school of thought you bring a knife and I bring a gun. Mika and Joe have said just as bad or maybe worse things about the president. Sorry if it doesn't bug me.

The difference is that Joe and Mika, just like Rush, Hannity, et al, are entertainers. It's really irrelevant what they say, because they are paid to make an audience happy. And let's not be so disingenuous as to imply this President or public figure has it any worse than Presidents past. The core question is, is this behavior that is Presidential in nature? And no, he's not "tough". He's not the only politician lambasted and maligned. It's part of the job.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is that Joe and Mika, just like Rush, Hannity, et al, are entertainers. It's really irrelevant what they say, because they are paid to make an audience happy. And let's not be so disingenuous as to imply this President or public figure has it any worse than Presidents past. The core question is, is this behavior that is Presidential in nature? And no, he's not "tough". He's not the only politician lambasted and maligned. It's part of the job.

He is the president so therefore it is presidential, it's that simple. Trash talking doesn't bug me. Most the outrage is fake. No one is losing sleep over this , and why is anyone shocked at this point that Trump would fire back.

My dream politician is Rand Paul's politics and Trumps bravado. As a Republican 2ho has endured his entire life being attacked and ridiculed, it's nice to have someone firing back.

As most of you forget I didn't vote for Trump the media birage of the last 6 months has sealed my vote for Trump in 2020 .

He is the president so therefore it is presidential, it's that simple. Trash talking doesn't bug me. Most the outrage is fake. No one is losing sleep over this , and why is anyone shocked at this point that Trump would fire back.

My dream politician is Rand Paul's politics and Trumps bravado. As a Republican 2ho has endured his entire life being attacked and ridiculed, it's nice to have someone firing back.

As most of you forget I didn't vote for Trump the media birage of the last 6 months has sealed my vote for Trump in 2020 .

I'm not outraged at all. However, I won't accept that behavior in my children, and I won't accept it in my friends. It isn't just unpresidential, it's just stupid. By and large I ignore him. It's harder to ignore the people who defend him on this. And as I said a while back, he doesn't scare me, there are checks and balances in place. But his supporters do.

It's funny you bring up Senator Paul. I was just thinking that I might vote for him if he runs again. I used to think he was a loose cannon....until a guy named Donald J Trump became POTUS. :lol2:

I'm not outraged at all. However, I won't accept that behavior in my children, and I won't accept it in my friends. It isn't just unpresidential, it's just stupid. By and large I ignore him. It's harder to ignore the people who defend him on this. And as I said a while back, he doesn't scare me, there are checks and balances in place. But his supporters do.

It's funny you bring up Senator Paul. I was just thinking that I might vote for him if he runs again. I used to think he was a loose cannon....until a guy named Donald J Trump became POTUS. :lol2:

Actually your last paragraph is a point I've been making. The liberal media labeling people like Paul , Romney, Rubio and the likes racist or unhinged has led to this loud mouthed candidate. There are a ton of people who I know who just wanted someone who would clap back and now we have Trump.

My problem with the coverage is acting like Mika is some innocent party that had dome nothing wrong. I'm from the school of thought you bring a knife and I bring a gun. Mika and Joe have said just as bad or maybe worse things about the president. Sorry if it doesn't bug me.

Colbert, Maher, Oliver, Noah, and Kimmel ride Trump much harder than Mika.

Where is the twitter tirade?

Colbert, Maher, Oliver, Noah, and Kimmel ride Trump much harder than Mika.

Where is the twitter tirade?

They are comedians and not a news show. Also there is a personal beef between Trump and Joe/Mika. Remember it was just late last year when the media was ripping Joe/Mika for being to close and friendly with Trump. He got elected and everything changed, it was like they purposely went the exact opposite route to save credibility.

That to me is why the Mika tweet is a little funny because them being at Maralargo is a documented fact for those days. It is what the rest of the media ripped Joe/Mika for during that period. I'm guessing there is way more to this story between them.

They are comedians and not a news show. Also there is a personal beef between Trump and Joe/Mika. Remember it was just late last year when the media was ripping Joe/Mika for being to close and friendly with Trump. He got elected and everything changed, it was like they purposely went the exact opposite route to save credibility.

That to me is why the Mika tweet is a little funny because them being at Maralargo is a documented fact for those days. It is what the rest of the media ripped Joe/Mika for during that period. I'm guessing there is way more to this story between them.

His beef seems a little stronger with Mika than Joe. Those two wrote an Op-ed in the WP describing the Mar-a-lago trip and the subsequent attempt by Trump to use a National Enquirer story as leverage for loyalty.

Forgive me if I put more stock in their account (I don't even watch Morning Joe). My faith in the words that come out of POTUS' mouth is below 5%.

The president needs to stay off Twitter (for the record I hate any president wasting time and energy on social media) and work on fixing healthcare and other important issues. The media are just as bad as he is, however. We have adults acting like children on both sides of the aisle. The media since day one of Trump's victory lost their minds and went to a dark place with attacks. Trump was already in that same dark place attacking other candidates. There is no respect for the office of the president. There is no mutual respect between political parties. The media has no respect for Republicans. It's like one big schoolyard. Pathetic. Everyone in a peeing contest to ramp up their bravado, like Trump, like Scarborough. A prefect example is MSNBC contributor Donny Deutsch's latest chest thumping moment when he said "We’re from Queens, I’ll meet you in the schoolyard, brother. I’ll meet you in the schoolyard". :rolleyes:

All of this reminds me of the saying "so many broken children living in grown bodies mimicking adult lives".

The president needs to stay off Twitter (for the record I hate any president wasting time and energy on social media) and work on fixing healthcare and other important issues. The media are just as bad as he is, however. We have adults acting like children on both sides of the aisle. The media since day one of Trump's victory lost their minds and went to a dark place with attacks. Trump was already in that same dark place attacking other candidates. There is no respect for the office of the president. There is no mutual respect between political parties. The media has no respect for Republicans. It's like one big schoolyard. Pathetic. Everyone in a peeing contest to ramp up their bravado, like Trump, like Scarborough. A prefect example is MSNBC contributor Donny Deutsch's latest chest thumping moment when he said "We’re from Queens, I’ll meet you in the schoolyard, brother. I’ll meet you in the schoolyard". :rolleyes:

All of this reminds me of the saying "so many broken children living in grown bodies mimicking adult lives".

So he should rely on the non biased, journalistic integrity of CNN to communicate his message? Tune out his personal tweets and engage in the tweets that report progress. This isn't something you will hear from the MSM.

So he should rely on the non biased, journalistic integrity of CNN to communicate his message? Tune out his personal tweets and engage in the tweets that report progress. This isn't something you will hear from the MSM.

Tune out the offensive words and focus on the good.

Dang...that's how we used to treat my great grandma. :lol2:

The media needs to stick to the issues instead of the personal attacks... When they make it personal, Trump is going to attack also.. What does the mans hairstyle or the size of his hands, or what his wife wears, or what his son looks like have to do with policy...