Trump's Tweeting: June 2017 episode

Talk Radio Fox and WSJ vs CNN,MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, NY Times and WAPO.

Pretty much...they're all freely accessible for which ever one one might be most comfortable listening to. There's no shortage of either, and talk radio can be broken down to numerous stations with numerous radio personalities, where conservatives far outweigh liberals.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we going to act like when people talk MSM people aren't discussing the nightly news ? On ABC, NBC and CBS or print NY Times and WSJ ( The one conservative outlet in MSM) .

I wouldn't know. I'm under 35 and like everyone I know, I don't watch the nightly news.

I don't think the mainstream is what it used to be.

For example another problem I have with CNN, Jim Acousta is the CNN WH correspondent. He is the networks leading critic on TV and social media. He also worked for the Obama adminstration. CNN never lets their viewers know this. They put him out there as an unbiased reporter. How can I take that and his opinions seriously? If they used him like David Axelrod or Ari Flescher I can respect that. They make their bias known and you understand where they are coming from.

For example another problem I have with CNN, Jim Acousta is the CNN WH correspondent. He is the networks leading critic on TV and social media. He also worked for the Obama adminstration. CNN never lets their viewers know this. They put him out there as an unbiased reporter. How can I take that and his opinions seriously? If they used him like David Axelrod or Ari Flescher I can respect that. They make their bias known and you understand where they are coming from.

I can't find anything that says he's ever worked for the White House. All of his bios say he started at CNN in 2007.

Simple solution is to listen to the news source that you're most comfortable listening to. I'm guessing that there are some that are sympatico to your needs.

I can't find anything that says he's ever worked for the White House. All of his bios say he started at CNN in 2007.

Media, administration deal with conflicts - The Washington Post

That is my bad and I retract. I thought for sure I had read he or his realtive had worked for Obama can't find it now. But the above article is why many on the right can't trust these major outlets. Look at all the ties the Obama adminstration had to them.

A few additional Qs for 278 & Lipton (and anyone else that wants to weigh in -- trying to stay between the constructive guardrails)

1 - do you think Fox News is "fair and balanced" or just "equally slanted but at least from the conservative side of things for a change?"

2 - Assume you include MSNBC, PBS and the networks (CBS, ABC & NBC) along with CNN in the MSM / "left wing media." If so, what news outlets are not part of the MSM / "left wing media."

3 - Is your primary complaint of the MSM / "left wing media" content selection OR inaccurate reporting? For example, are they, for the most part, reporting true stories but simply choosing to report and feature those that are negative to Trump / conservatives and omitting / downplaying any accomplishments OR are they inaccurately (whether by incompetence or malice due to agenda) reporting stories about Trump / conservatives?

Genuinely interested in the answers.

1. Obviously Fox slants right. I will say that when it comes to President Trump reporting, as shown in the Harvard study, they are the most balanced in positive/negative reporting by a long shot.

2. All of MSM is slanted way to the Left.

3. I would say it is both. Their choice of reports is often suspect at best and as has been seen with CNN, often what they report is just false.