Trump's Tweeting: June 2017 episode

I assume Lipton and 278 would take the position that NPR tweeting the Declaration of Independence yesterday was another example of the MSM or "left wing media" taking shots at Trump, right?

(This despite the fact that NPR has read the Declaration of Independence on their morning show for the past several years.)

Nope.

I would say it's NPR actually doing something positive. (For a change)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume Lipton and 278 would take the position that NPR tweeting the Declaration of Independence yesterday was another example of the MSM or "left wing media" taking shots at Trump, right?

(This despite the fact that NPR has read the Declaration of Independence on their morning show for the past several years.)

Seems like a false assumption and a bad attempt at either a joke or a smear. As someone who knew what NPR was tweeting and knows what the Decleration states I find your statement funny.

Now if you want to have a discussion on why I think NPR should not exisit and it has outlived it's usefulness in the modern media landscape I will.

A few additional Qs for 278 & Lipton (and anyone else that wants to weigh in -- trying to stay between the constructive guardrails)

1 - do you think Fox News is "fair and balanced" or just "equally slanted but at least from the conservative side of things for a change?"

2 - Assume you include MSNBC, PBS and the networks (CBS, ABC & NBC) along with CNN in the MSM / "left wing media." If so, what news outlets are not part of the MSM / "left wing media."

3 - Is your primary complaint of the MSM / "left wing media" content selection OR inaccurate reporting? For example, are they, for the most part, reporting true stories but simply choosing to report and feature those that are negative to Trump / conservatives and omitting / downplaying any accomplishments OR are they inaccurately (whether by incompetence or malice due to agenda) reporting stories about Trump / conservatives?

Genuinely interested in the answers.

A few additional Qs for 278 & Lipton (and anyone else that wants to weigh in -- trying to stay between the constructive guardrails)

1 - do you think Fox News is "fair and balanced" or just "equally slanted but at least from the conservative side of things for a change?"

2 - Assume you include MSNBC, PBS and the networks (CBS, ABC & NBC) along with CNN in the MSM / "left wing media." If so, what news outlets are not part of the MSM / "left wing media."

3 - Is your primary complaint of the MSM / "left wing media" content selection OR inaccurate reporting? For example, are they, for the most part, reporting true stories but simply choosing to report and feature those that are negative to Trump / conservatives and omitting / downplaying any accomplishments OR are they inaccurately (whether by incompetence or malice due to agenda) reporting stories about Trump / conservatives?

Genuinely interested in the answers.

1. Obviously Fox News has a conservative slant

2. Literally all of MSM is liberal. This isn't an opinion numerous studies have been done about about the ratio of liberal to conservative ideology or Dem vs GOP employed by these organzations. Do you disagree with this?

3. This isn't a simple answer it is the selective editing or narratives they push. Obvious opinionated stories slanted in on direction or the obvious double standard set for different ideologies.

2. Literally all of MSM is liberal. This isn't an opinion numerous studies have been done about about the ratio of liberal to conservative ideology or Dem vs GOP employed by these organzations. Do you disagree with this?

3. This isn't a simple answer it is the selective editing or narratives they push. Obvious opinionated stories slanted in on direction or the obvious double standard set for different ideologies.

Does Dan Abram's' Law News have a liberal slant?

Does Dan Abram's' Law News have a liberal slant?

I actually like both Mediaite and LawNewz . It has probably overall a left lean but is one of the closest to even ratio based on number of writers. But the nice thing is for the most part they let you know the backround of each writer or their ideology in some cases. So you understand the point of view the writer is coming from. They don't normally hide behind the wall of some sort of fake unbiased reporting.

I actually like both Mediaite and LawNewz . It has probably overall a left lean but is one of the closest to even ratio based on number of writers. But the nice thing is for the most part they let you know the backround of each writer or their ideology in some cases. So you understand the point of view the writer is coming from. They don't normally hide behind the wall of some sort of fake unbiased reporting.

Since you referenced them yesterday, that is why I asked.

This has nothing to do with the issue at hand, but I remember watching Dan Abrams get the Supreme Court decision in the Bush/Gore case that decided the election for Bush on live TV. He was with a another report and one would talk while the other would thumb through the ruling trying to figure it out and digest it with everyone watching. It was great TV.

Since you referenced them yesterday, that is why I asked.

This has nothing to do with the issue at hand, but I remember watching Dan Abrams get the Supreme Court decision in the Bush/Gore case that decided the election for Bush on live TV. He was with a another report and one would talk while the other would thumb through the ruling trying to figure it out and digest it with everyone watching. It was great TV.

Dan Abrams is obviously left of center but is a very intelligent so I will normally give his opinions a read or listen. I don't agree most the time but I respect where he comes from.

Fox has dominated cable news for years. Conservative shows dominate the political radio waves. To try and somehow create a contemporary definition of "mainstream media" that doesn't include them or discounts is problematic for me.

Fox has dominated cable news for years. Conservative shows dominate the political radio waves. To try and somehow create a contemporary definition of "mainstream media" that doesn't include them or discounts is problematic for me.

Are we going to act like when people talk MSM people aren't discussing the nightly news ? On ABC, NBC and CBS or print NY Times and WSJ ( The one conservative outlet in MSM) .

Are we going to act like when people talk MSM people aren't discussing the nightly news ? On ABC, NBC and CBS or print NY Times and WSJ ( The one conservative outlet in MSM) .

I was gathering that he was saying that when referencing the MSM one should be all inclusive, counting all, either conservative or liberal, including the ones you mentioned, but not eliminating the ones that he did.

I was gathering that he was saying that when referencing the MSM one should be all inclusive, counting all, either conservative or liberal, including the ones you mentioned, but not eliminating the ones that he did.

Talk Radio Fox and WSJ vs CNN,MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, NY Times and WAPO.