Warriors 132 Cavaliers 113 (Game 2)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hard to understand what it would be like to play against a team who can and did play KD at the 5 last night while still being able to protect the rim. Scrambling on defense 100% of the time, you just can't match up with that.

Golden State had 10 offensive board on 43 missed shots. They didn't score 132 on the glass. They did it by shooting 50/40/90 as a team. You are overthinking it...

Not really. When it was a 2 or 3 possession game it seems like every time GS missed a shot they got their own rebound and then hit a 3 to create more space. Once it got out of hand it was over but the Cavs got it to within 1-4 points multiple times only to fail to put a body on someone and allow the offensive rebound to GS. Twice it was Steph and Klay who got the rebounds and kept the ball in their hands. That can't happen.

Not really. When it was a 2 or 3 possession game it seems like every time GS missed a shot they got their own rebound and then hit a 3 to create more space. Once it got out of hand it was over but the Cavs got it to within 1-4 points multiple times only to fail to put a body on someone and allow the offensive rebound to GS. Twice it was Steph and Klay who got the rebounds and kept the ball in their hands. That can't happen.

Their OREB % was under 25%. Thats not good at all. They didn't score 132 points because they dominated the offensive glass. Cleveland doesnt have the ability to guard them. At all...

Their OREB % was under 25%. Thats not good at all. They didn't score 132 points because they dominated the offensive glass. Cleveland doesnt have the ability to guard them. At all...

I know they can't guard them efficiently for a full 48 minutes but now you're overthinking it. I'm merely talking about a few possessions when the game was blown open to a point when we knew clearly that it was over. I'm not saying GS dominated the offensive glass. I'm saying there were a few possessions in a row when all Cleveland had to do was get a rebound and hold GS to one possession and they couldn't do it. A 1 point game to a 4 point game then a 4 point game to a 7 point game then a steal and another 3 and 1 point game turns into a 10 point game because they failed to secure a rebound when it was a 1 point game and a 4 point game. That can't happen against GS. It doesn't matter if GS only has 4 offensive rebounds the whole game if they managed to get all 4 in two consecutive possessions and blow the doors off of the game.

That happened last night in the 3rd quarter. Ballgame. Rebound the ball.

I'm a Cavs fan. But when you have 3 of the 5 people in the world capable of guarding LBJ on the floor at the same time. What are you going to do? How do you beat that team?

I've seen lineups I feel were as strong as Golden State's. That's all I am saying.

When they're that outmatched, they can't get beat in transition that often, and they can't give up that many second chance points. I don't care if it was 10 offensive boards or not. Seemed pretty efficient with those second chance points. Frankly, the Cavs turned them over often. Good recipe if you don't toss in the track meet layups they gave up in transition or the KThompson second chance daggers.

When they're that outmatched, they can't get beat in transition that often, and they can't give up that many second chance points. I don't care if it was 10 offensive boards or not. Seemed pretty efficient with those second chance points. Frankly, the Cavs turned them over often. Good recipe if you don't toss in the track meet layups they gave up in transition or the KThompson second chance daggers.

31-30 GS edge in transition and 10 offensive rebounds for each team. 50/40/90...

31-30 GS edge in transition and 10 offensive rebounds for each team. 50/40/90...
Yep, and the beginning of the game was where the Cavs pushed the pace with LBJ going to the rack. Trading transition baskets is a recipe for disaster against them. Outpaced.

Yep, and the beginning of the game was where the Cavs pushed the pace with LBJ going to the rack. Trading transition baskets is a recipe for disaster against them. Outpaced.

Problem is they aren't going to beat them slowing the pace down either if they give up 50/40/90. All the other stuff plays into it, but the bottom line is the Cavs can't guard them for 48 minutes. They are going to get a few offensive rebounds here and there and they are going to run at times. GS is killing them in the half court because they are so insanely skilled across the board and Cleveland has no resistance...