"Lie Lie Land"

News flash: politicians lie, always have, always will. If either side of the arguement really thought they would act different I need to have you evaluated. Its what they do and I expected them to do. Some are just better at it. Practice makes perfect. Really, any of you think the government is ever honest to you. Sheesh man.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't we hold this administration(and any administration, for that matter) responsible for blatant lie after lie they tell to the American people. Do they really think we are this damn stupid? I mean, things we know are untruths roll off the tongues of Spicer and Conway on a daily basis. Off camera, do they just burst out laughing at how gullible people are to their lies, whether it's a whopper about national security or one about crowd size?

Isn't this what we were supposedly fed up with- lying politicians? It appears that Washington will always be "Lie Lie Land." 2018 isn't that far off...

Both sides of the aisle are completely out of control. Trump's people just don't seem to have the experience yet in being able to be subtle about it, plus the watchdogs are watching a lot closer.

Since Bill Clinton won the Presidency in 1992 on "read my lips...no new taxes" after Bush senior compromised on his tax bill, any competent politician would think twice about compromising or even blinking in the face of opposition. That is the sad state of our politics today.

News flash: politicians lie, always have, always will. If either side of the arguement really thought they would act different I need to have you evaluated. Its what they do and I expected them to do. Some are just better at it. Practice makes perfect. Really, any of you think the government is ever honest to you. Sheesh man.

I recall you saying the exact same thing in the past. :rolleyes:

Since Bill Clinton won the Presidency in 1992 on "read my lips...no new taxes" after Bush senior compromised on his tax bill, any competent politician would think twice about compromising or even blinking in the face of opposition. That is the sad state of our politics today.

This is a great point. HW lost the election after he compromised with Democrats and they used it against him.