John Yarmuth...

All Tell

So for the record if Mitch and Rand boycotted Obama's inauguration you would not give any push back?

I don't think I'd be bent out of shape. But I'm not sure, to be honest. And for the record, I am a huge supporter John Yarmuth. I do think he should attend. But it's not a huge deal to me. If he stands up at a press conference and states his first priority is to make sure President DJT is a one term POTUS, I will be really upset.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dems in the KY legislature gerrymandered his district very well.

Speaking of which, it will be interesting to see if as Louisville's population has moved East, if the 3rd district will move East making the district actually competitive?

@rockmom They believe that it's extremely biased to say that there's a big difference with the present circumstances, and if they can't see the big difference thus far I don't think they ever will.

No matter how much people throughout modern history have been dissatisfied with the outcome of elections, nothing compares to the core reasons for the distaste with this one.

This is not your usual, "Alright I didn't vote for him, but he's at least qualified and has the proper temperament and stature to be our president, so we'll just have to see how it all goes".

It's also not that by comparison to past election disappointments that all of the sudden the left has collectively become cry baby tantrum throwers who can't handle their candidate losing.

It's that they cannot fathom the idea of someone as outrageous and off putting as Trump, who isn't qualified, nor does he have by any stretch of the imagination the proper temperament for the position.

There's absolutely no comparisons to past presidents, and to keep pushing the whole "What's good for the goose" narrative and acting like no one has any reason to take pause is just a downright bunch of serious denial and bull crap.

"But what if people reacted to Obama this way?"

No matter how much some people disliked Obama, you just absolutely cannot compare this to that.

And as much as the left disliked Bush they didn't freak out like this, and in this instance are 10,000 time more disturbed of the thought of a Trump presidency.

I'll certainly give you that your hatred of Obama was over the top insufferable, uncalled for, and often times unfoundedly pathological for someone who didn't deserve your endless banter, but Trump's blatant undeniably polarizing character is right in everyone's faces (even yours) screaming "Hey look at me everybody, I'm a loud mouthed spoiled rotten child in need of attention, and I get a rush out of being argumentative".

He begs to be disliked, and if that's his wish it most certainly has been granted because half of this country don't just passively dislike him, they despise him with a passion to a level never before seen, and to continue to act like no one has reason to has long been ridiculous as it is tired to the point that it feels like we're living in the Twilight Zone, and that half this country has been invaded by some other creature who bizarrely keeps saying "What's all the big fuss?" when we're being lead to the slaughter. OK...extreme choice of words perhaps, but I use them to drive the point.

Stop with the "What's the matter?" crap, you know right down to your toes that Trump is no ordinary guy, and that he is controversial, so save all the hot air nonsense and just for once admit it. Even Trump knows that he is controversial, so why would you insist that he's not? No one here is believing for one minute that so many of you can't see it. Sure, it's all been fun and games to play the role you keep playing, but come off it now and get real.

You might really like your guy, but it's like he's given a voice to the eternal sophomoric childish bully in so many who just can't help themselves from compulsively making fart noises with their hand in their armpit. They love the spit in the eye controversy as if they were the instigators of after school rumbles making sure to spend all day advertising them to ensure a nice turn out of the student body.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurts and half of crowd turns their heads from the bloodshed, while the other half films it on their phones to be able to watch on repeat.

I hate to feel like this is how the division appears, but to many I really think that it does. There seems to be a fighter mentality versus a pacifist mentality, a trouble maker mentality versus a peace maker mentality, a pitbull mentality versus a poodle mentality, and if you can't get behind an uproarious guy slugging it out in a wrestling match then you're just a downright wimp. Some prefer to call it being civilized.

So much bias and down right "the sky is falling" in this post it is near impossible to address.

Again, you act like Trump is coming after babies in the middle of the night. It borders on lunacy.

bb, you have turned into for the Left what you say you loathe from the Right, a closed minded hater.

He should go. He should go and have his eyes held open Clockwork Orange style as Chief Justice Roberts swears in President Donald Trump and he should take that moment, now seared into his brain and think about everything he personally did and failed to do for the party during the last election.

Hopefully he can then turn that into the kind of anger that once permeated the progressive movement and use it. Time for the Democrats to stop doing stuff like this and actually grow a backbone.

Happens every inauguration. The winners party in DC. The losers go on vacation.

Republicans to skip Obama inaugural, head out of town | Capitol Hill Blue

Republicans have already boycotted inaugurations. Many boycotted Obama's.

Well they are stupid for not going and at least showing they are wanting the POTUS to do good. Nobody says the after party has to be a honeymoon.

@rockmom They believe that it's extremely biased to say that there's a big difference with the present circumstances, and if they can't see the big difference thus far I don't think they ever will.

No matter how much people throughout modern history have been dissatisfied with the outcome of elections, nothing compares to the core reasons for the distaste with this one.

This is not your usual, "Alright I didn't vote for him, but he's at least qualified and has the proper temperament and stature to be our president, so we'll just have to see how it all goes".

It's also not that by comparison to past election disappointments that all of the sudden the left has collectively become cry baby tantrum throwers who can't handle their candidate losing.

It's that they cannot fathom the idea of someone as outrageous and off putting as Trump, who isn't qualified, nor does he have by any stretch of the imagination the proper temperament for the position.

There's absolutely no comparisons to past presidents, and to keep pushing the whole "What's good for the goose" narrative and acting like no one has any reason to take pause is just a downright bunch of serious denial and bull crap.

"But what if people reacted to Obama this way?"

No matter how much some people disliked Obama, you just absolutely cannot compare this to that.

And as much as the left disliked Bush they didn't freak out like this, and in this instance are 10,000 time more disturbed of the thought of a Trump presidency.

I'll certainly give you that your hatred of Obama was over the top insufferable, uncalled for, and often times unfoundedly pathological for someone who didn't deserve your endless banter, but Trump's blatant undeniably polarizing character is right in everyone's faces (even yours) screaming "Hey look at me everybody, I'm a loud mouthed spoiled rotten child in need of attention, and I get a rush out of being argumentative".

He begs to be disliked, and if that's his wish it most certainly has been granted because half of this country don't just passively dislike him, they despise him with a passion to a level never before seen, and to continue to act like no one has reason to has long been ridiculous as it is tired to the point that it feels like we're living in the Twilight Zone, and that half this country has been invaded by some other creature who bizarrely keeps saying "What's all the big fuss?" when we're being lead to the slaughter. OK...extreme choice of words perhaps, but I use them to drive the point.

Stop with the "What's the matter?" crap, you know right down to your toes that Trump is no ordinary guy, and that he is controversial, so save all the hot air nonsense and just for once admit it. Even Trump knows that he is controversial, so why would you insist that he's not? No one here is believing for one minute that so many of you can't see it. Sure, it's all been fun and games to play the role you keep playing, but come off it now and get real.

You might really like your guy, but it's like he's given a voice to the eternal sophomoric childish bully in so many who just can't help themselves from compulsively making fart noises with their hand in their armpit. They love the spit in the eye controversy as if they were the instigators of after school rumbles making sure to spend all day advertising them to ensure a nice turn out of the student body.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurts and half of crowd turns their heads from the bloodshed, while the other half films it on their phones to be able to watch on repeat.

I hate to feel like this is how the division appears, but to many I really think that it does. There seems to be a fighter mentality versus a pacifist mentality, a trouble maker mentality versus a peace maker mentality, a pitbull mentality versus a poodle mentality, and if you can't get behind an uproarious guy slugging it out in a wrestling match then you're just a downright wimp. Some prefer to call it being civilized.

This shows your extreme bias again. But there is nothing wrong with that.

So much bias and down right "the sky is falling" in this post it is near impossible to address.

Again, you act like Trump is coming after babies in the middle of the night. It borders on lunacy.

bb, you have turned into for the Left what you say you loathe from the Right, a closed minded hater.

This shows your extreme bias again. But there is nothing wrong with that.

I know that it's easier for you capt and LB to swiftly deduct this instead of acknowledging any truth in what I'm saying, but you're going to dismiss the main point that I'm making about Donald being a controversial character unseen before in the office of the presidency and pretend that he's not?

Sure, I'm impassioned with how I present my case, but don't let it make you miss the essential point being made.

You give these repetitive cute blanket statements as if since you've said it it must be the way it is. If you're denying all validity in what I'm saying then you've just flat decided to completely ignore the reality of these unusual circumstances as if it's all just business as usual.

You can dig Donnie all that you want, but to act as if you can't begin to see why many others have grave legitimate concerns screams that you're so completely clouded by your own biases to even admit as such.

Just call me biased if it makes it easier on you and act like you're not, and that nothing I say has any merit. You've made it clear time and again that no matter what you'll never acknowledge what it so apparent to SO MANY, and to discard it as people making mountains out of molehills.

You think that we've been completely ignoring the silent voice of middle America, which we do very much get their desire for change, but you seriously don't see anything slightly bizarre with the guy that you've entrusted with the keys to the White House to be the one to offer it?

Right...OK...Sure.

I wouldn't. I'm not sure why it is a big deal who attends.

I agree, I don't care who goes and who doesn't. I think it's disrespectful for those in either party to do it, but I don't get worked up over it...because IT DOES NOT MATTER! It is just political posturing for the next election cycle.

This is what's wrong with politics now, everyone ( I've been guilty too) looks for a reason to be mad and use it as an excuse not to work together.

You and I disagree on a lot politically. I'll guarantee that if we sat down, we could come come up with some compromise and solutions instead of the grid lock we have from both sides today.

I agree, I don't care who goes and who doesn't. I think it's disrespectful for those in either party to do it, but I don't get worked up over it...because IT DOES NOT MATTER! It is just political posturing for the next election cycle.

This is what's wrong with politics now, everyone ( I've been guilty too) looks for a reason to be mad and use it as an excuse not to work together.

You and I disagree on a lot politically. I'll guarantee that if we sat down, we could come come up with some compromise and solutions instead of the grid lock we have from both sides today.

I don't remember elected officials boycotting the inauguration. Not attending and boycotting are completely different things. I hope that boycotting the swearing in of the PE doesn't become the norm.

Happens every inauguration. The winners party in DC. The losers go on vacation.

Republicans to skip Obama inaugural, head out of town | Capitol Hill Blue

Not sure if a distinction needs to be made between an inauguration and a re-inauguration, as this article is detailing.

If you are a true believer the argument could be made that the "transition of power" to a new President is a celebration of American Democracy, and not the time to politically grandstand. It is day 0 of a Presidency, you have 1,300 more days to make a statement. I am not naive to think the Dems (or Repubs) don't use it for an opportunity to rally support, though.

Like Bush II's transition in '01, Rep. Lewis is skipping it because he did not feel Bush or Trump were legitimately elected.

Not sure if a distinction needs to be made between an inauguration and a re-inauguration, as this article is detailing.

If you are a true believer the argument could be made that the "transition of power" to a new President is a celebration of American Democracy, and not the time to politically grandstand. It is day 0 of a Presidency, you have 1,300 more days to make a statement. I am not naive to think the Dems (or Repubs) don't use it for an opportunity to rally support, though.

Like Bush II's transition in '01, Rep. Lewis is skipping it because he did not feel Bush or Trump were legitimately elected.

It is political grandstanding to announce you aren't attending. Truthfully I'd say every single inauguration has plenty of elected officials who probably should have been there for good optics who chose not to go.