John Yarmuth...

All Tell

He should go. He should go and have his eyes held open Clockwork Orange style as Chief Justice Roberts swears in President Donald Trump and he should take that moment, now seared into his brain and think about everything he personally did and failed to do for the party during the last election.

Hopefully he can then turn that into the kind of anger that once permeated the progressive movement and use it. Time for the Democrats to stop doing stuff like this and actually grow a backbone.

When I read this I think of Mitch. Smile, pledge to cooperate where you can and then do all you can to take him out, regardless of whether it is good for the country. It was good politics and made Mitch majority leader. If that was more important than good policy, then Mitch is a smart guy. If the good of the country was more important, then not so much. I hope that the democrats won't learn the McConnell lesson of the last eight years. I hope they will work with the new president where they can, and oppose him when they can't. And I hope they will keep the good of the people foremost in their minds.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should go. He should go and have his eyes held open Clockwork Orange style as Chief Justice Roberts swears in President Donald Trump and he should take that moment, now seared into his brain and think about everything he personally did and failed to do for the party during the last election.

Hopefully he can then turn that into the kind of anger that once permeated the progressive movement and use it. Time for the Democrats to stop doing stuff like this and actually grow a backbone.

The actions and responses of the Democratic leadership to Mr. Trump's win has been laughable at best, IMO. It's no wonder they lost here and nationally.

Both parties need to focus their attention on solving the country's problems rather than acting like babies. Over the past 20 years the USA has lost much of its margin of error. We can't coast anymore. The world's too competitive and volatile. We need to tighten up and toughen up. We can't have petulant fighting between the parties.

When I read this I think of Mitch. Smile, pledge to cooperate where you can and then do all you can to take him out, regardless of whether it is good for the country. It was good politics and made Mitch majority leader. If that was more important than good policy, then Mitch is a smart guy. If the good of the country was more important, then not so much. I hope that the democrats won't learn the McConnell lesson of the last eight years. I hope they will work with the new president where they can, and oppose him when they can't. And I hope they will keep the good of the people foremost in their minds.

Unfortunately the lessons of recent years have been that the practices of being combative, at times downright childish in your obstinacy, and always hammering the President at every conceivable turn have been richly rewarded by voters in midterm elections. Happened under President Bush, happened under Obama.

I don't expect any grownups in Washington anytime soon.