Belfry at Corbin Class 3A Semfinal

LVGambla32

Belfry at Corbin Class 3A Semifinal  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Belfry at Corbin Class 3A Semifinal

I think St X and Male may have something to say about that.

Along with several others.. The Pirates are talented enough to beat any team in Ky. except Trinity on a given day, but, I also think they'd lose more than they'd win against BG, St X, Male, Ryle, Scott Co, SK, Lafayette, Manual and would be about even with 7 or 8 other teams.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to estimate 3500 seating

I think the seating issue is being blown out of proportion. It's not like Corbin hasn't hosted huge games and crowds before

With that said, the one thing that is creating a little controversy seems to be that Corbin fans are insinuating that any nearby parking is set to be "reserved".

That is kind of bush league if true and not the norm.

If true, I agree with you. Although one shouldn't be surprised with parking to be such an issue, many Corbin folks simply taking there vehicles earlier in the day and getting the prime parking.

I am going to estimate 3500 seating

I think the seating issue is being blown out of proportion. It's not like Corbin hasn't hosted huge games and crowds before

With that said, the one thing that is creating a little controversy seems to be that Corbin fans are insinuating that any nearby parking is set to be "reserved".

That is kind of bush league if true and not the norm.

The parking that is directly beside the stadium will be taken early in the afternoon on a first come first serve basis. I have never had to walk over 5 minutes or so to any game that I can recall, although being local I guess I know where to look. There is parking just across Lynn Camp Creek at the Little League baseball park and on the side streets close to the stadium. The city recently purchased a trolley car, which would come in handy to bring people from the parking lots on Depot St., which run parallel to Main St., although I'm not sure if it will be up and running by Friday. They ran shuttle buses from those same parking lots when Whitley and Corbin played earlier this year, so maybe that will happen again. I will post the info when I find something out this week.

I will go in much more depth as the week goes and I can study up.

Lots of trash talk on this one already (not so much here) but elsewhere and on social media. Truth be told, very disappointed in how both sides of fans have acted thusfar.

People seem to be fascinated with the whole "crowd" aspect of this one.

"Is your stadium up to par?"

"We have seen bigger crowds than this and what you will bring"

" We're going to take over the home side if seating is not adequate"

" We're going to reserve the parking around the stadium"

" This group is creating a facebook page to try and stir fans up"

Yada Yada Yada...

Here's what I know.

IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact remains this is going to be a HUGE crowd on both sides that will be arriving early. Whether people are sitting, standing, walking a mile to the stadium, or camping out in the parking lot, I expect both teams to be proud, loud, and engaged.

The stands are not going to effect the game. The players on the field and the coaches will. For all this jawing about "Who's going to have more fans", at the end of the day they are going to neutralize each other. Corbin fans will be loud, Belfry fans will be loud, and there will be a lot of both. It's the State Semi's... we should expect nothing less. Let me also let you in on a little secret. BOTH TEAMS HAVE PLAYED IN LOUD GAMES AND BOTH TEAMS HAVE WON WHEN THE OPPOSITION HAD A LOUD CROWD ON THEIR SIDE.

There will be free shuttle buses running from the parking lots on Depot St. to the stadium. That will be the best place to park in my opinion, plus there are some good restaurants on Main St., which is the next street up from Depot. It's about a 7-10 minute walk depending upon which lot you park in.

There will be free shuttle buses running from the parking lots on Depot St. to the stadium. That will be the best place to park in my opinion, plus there are some good restaurants on Main St., which is the next street up from Depot. It's about a 7-10 minute walk depending upon which lot you park in.
Thanks 4chs, that is good info for Pirate fans making the trek.

The parking that is directly beside the stadium will be taken early in the afternoon on a first come first serve basis. I have never had to walk over 5 minutes or so to any game that I can recall, although being local I guess I know where to look. There is parking just across Lynn Camp Creek at the Little League baseball park and on the side streets close to the stadium. The city recently purchased a trolley car, which would come in handy to bring people from the parking lots on Depot St., which run parallel to Main St., although I'm not sure if it will be up and running by Friday. They ran shuttle buses from those same parking lots when Whitley and Corbin played earlier this year, so maybe that will happen again. I will post the info when I find something out this week.

You can also park across from the post office in the Church parking lot, but that will fill up quickly.