83 members have voted

1. 1. Mayfield at Christian Academy-Louisville Class 2A Semifinal

• Mayfield
    • Christian Academy-Louisville

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 outstanding teams that have proven themselves time and again this year. A contrast in styles with Mayfield's high powered offense against CALs vaunted defense. Should make for a great game. While these teams heavily rely on those 2 components, both teams are plenty strong and capable on the other side of the ball, too. Both are very well coached and should come into this thing with loads of confidence. CAL gets the home field advantage, which could help, but, it's not like the Cardinals aren't used to going into hostile environments and getting the job done. IMO, this is the states premiere game next week.

Last nights CAL vs DeSales game was a great one. Back and forth. 14 -14 with under 3 min to go. They just made one more play than we did. The defenses for both teams were crazy good. Congrats to CAL on the win.

Now on to this game. I'm going to go with CAL. I'm picking them to win the whole thing. Their defense is really good. However on offense they can run it or throw it. They throw in a wrinkle with Wright playing QB, he's a tough one to stop. They are big, and physical. Paulson on the end is a nightmare to block, Mayfield will have to double team him. I think it will be a close one, I just see CAL with that D being able to stop Mayfield.

Last nights CAL vs DeSales game was a great one. Back and forth. 14 -14 with under 3 min to go. They just made one more play than we did. The defenses for both teams were crazy good. Congrats to CAL on the win.

Now on to this game. I'm going to go with CAL. I'm picking them to win the whole thing. Their defense is really good. However on offense they can run it or throw it. They throw in a wrinkle with Wright playing QB, he's a tough one to stop. They are big, and physical. Paulson on the end is a nightmare to block, Mayfield will have to double team him. I think it will be a close one, I just see CAL with that D being able to stop Mayfield.

I've mostly seen Paulson at left DE. Does he always line up there or do they move him around?

Wishin..Hopin..Prayin

MHS defense is proving to be better than most thought, including myself, and their offense is just a two headed monster. No idea how good CAL is, and the old sayin is defense wins championships. I've always believed that, and still do, guess we'll see who's is best, but you are going to have to be REALLY good to stop the MHS offense

Wishin..Hopin..Prayin

No one is Wishin..Hopin..Prayin. It's just my opinion. I never said I was for CAL. I just predict them to win. They don't have many weaknesses. They are just all around solid. They are big. We were twice the size of Mayfield last year, but their quickness gave us problems. Cal is big, and fast. I was watching their line, they all have really good footwork, they pick up their blocks really well. If you can't put pressure on Carr, he will pick you apart. Paulson with his 6'7 frame catches anything close. Wright....Well he is just all around good.

Outside of a few plays We played the best game we could. We were tied with 3 min to go. Our defense played their hearts out. Played almost a perfect game except for the one coverage breakdown that lead to a passing score. We lacked that home run hitter this year on offense. Next year we'll be better. I just see this as CAL's year. Nothing against Mayfield. I've seen Corbin this year. This CAL team would handle them.

No one is Wishin..Hopin..Prayin. It's just my opinion. I never said I was for CAL. I just predict them to win. They don't have many weaknesses. They are just all around solid. They are big. We were twice the size of Mayfield last year, but their quickness gave us problems. Cal is big, and fast. I was watching their line, they all have really good footwork, they pick up their blocks really well. If you can't put pressure on Carr, he will pick you apart. Paulson with his 6'7 frame catches anything close. Wright....Well he is just all around good.

Outside of a few plays We played the best game we could. We were tied with 3 min to go. Our defense played their hearts out. Played almost a perfect game except for the one coverage breakdown that lead to a passing score. We lacked that home run hitter this year on offense. Next year we'll be better. I just see this as CAL's year. Nothing against Mayfield. I've seen Corbin this year. This CAL team would handle them.

If your assessment of CAL handling Corbin is accurate, then MHS will have their hands full cause Corbin gave Mayfield all they wanted, very good team.