Holy Mol(e)y

HammerTime

On a side note, get rid of your grubs. Treat your yard for them. Yes you have them. Remove the food source and the moles go away.

On second thought, if they are traveling next to the house they may be eating termites? Not sure if they are in their diet but they are eating something.

I hope not haha. That's just the tunnel from the back yard to the front. The rest are spread out in the yard away from the house. I'm gonna try a trap this weekend.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, get rid of your grubs. Treat your yard for them. Yes you have them. Remove the food source and the moles go away.

On second thought, if they are traveling next to the house they may be eating termites? Not sure if they are in their diet but they are eating something.

How long should you leave a trap in one place before moving it? I've had mine in place for nearly a week, and nothing as of yet.

How long should you leave a trap in one place before moving it? I've had mine in place for nearly a week, and nothing as of yet.

Mom had her best luck on fresh tunnels. Keep looking for the new ones or walk on old ones and see if they raise back up. You can move it as often as you like. Obviously the spot you are at is not the place to be?

Treating for grubs won't get rid of moles. While moles eat grubs, they also feast on earthworms, other insects and even vegetable matter. Also, at best, it will take weeks for them to leave (if they leave at all), and may will likely dig more in search of other food, doing more damage in the meantime. Plus the stuff to treat for grubs is very toxic...it's harmful to beneficial insects (like bees), pets and children, not to mention expensive.

Treating for grubs won't get rid of moles. While moles eat grubs, they also feast on earthworms, other insects and even vegetable matter. Also, at best, it will take weeks for them to leave (if they leave at all), and may will likely dig more in search of other food, doing more damage in the meantime. Plus the stuff to treat for grubs is very toxic...it's harmful to beneficial insects (like bees), pets and children, not to mention expensive.

Just saying what my momma always told me 😃