National Anthem

CATonFIRE76

This is the day and age we live, kids are very aware of what's happening, this isn't 10 years ago. With Social Media, and every Phone having an HD camera we see a lot of things that we might not of been Privy to years ago. I have no problem with kids/adults taking a knee, I think it's the people that have always felt a sense of control are the ones that worry.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting ready to turn 40 this year. I've witness the change that social media has brought to everyone. When I was younger information did not flow like it does now. I didn't watch the news and the newspaper had only one thing that could hold my attention and that was the sports page. Good or bad, things have changed and I don't know if we can put toothpaste back in the tube.

Agree 100%. Respect the freedoms the flag and the anthem stand for, and those that fought for that freedom. Millionaires in the NFL are protesting at an inappropriate time.

Your comment makes no sense. One of the many freedoms the flag stands for IS the right to kneel during the National Anthem. Just because you disagree with it, doesn't make it wrong. We can't start cherry picking the Constitution.

Your comment makes no sense. One of the many freedoms the flag stands for IS the right to kneel during the National Anthem. Just because you disagree with it, doesn't make it wrong. We can't start cherry picking the Constitution.

That's what makes this country great. Freedom to express yourself. Yes, I believe it's offensive to our founding fathers and those that fought for our freedom for someone to not stand in attention for the playing of our national anthem. Kneeling isn't as bad if they still face the flag.

Would be my policy as a HC. They're free to express their right to sit, I'm free to express my right to not play you.

As far as praying goes, there's no law that says you cannot pray in a school setting. You just can't mandate prayer.

That's not as simple as you make it sound. A teacher or coach cannot be part of the group prayer. Courts have deemed their influential roles as being a problem and a violation.

Disagree strongly. "Train up a child in the way he should go...." Young people don't have the perspective to understand a lot of what adults should teach them...whether it is in school or the workplace. But you teach them anyway, and someday most will understand. And appreciate. Especially when it comes to the military and our flag.

And by benching a kid for something like this, you're teaching him not to voice his opinion if it's not a popular one. How is that good for him?

That's not as simple as you make it sound. A teacher or coach cannot be part of the group prayer. Courts have deemed their influential roles as being a problem and a violation.

I'm guessing not true at a catholic school?