National Anthem

CATonFIRE76

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone standing for the National Anthem? I've read that some high school athletes are following in the footsteps of the pros. Wanted to know what people are seeing on their sidelines.

Maybe they should go to church and follow the footsteps of their church leaders.

Players are in the locker rooms at Boyle HS games when anthem is played. In my opinion I see more people paying tribute to the flag. More singing, more hands on heart. Even the younger kids runnin around behind the stadium stop and stay respectful during the anthem.

There is no law that says you cannot pray before a game. Every individual is free to pray as they see fit....or to not pray.

If an individual can kneel to pray before or during the game they also have the right/freedom to kneel or stand during the Star Spangled Banner.

We also have the right to criticize those who pray (see the things said about Tim Tebow) and those who kneel during the Anthem (see things said about Colen Kapernick).

Freedom is a funny thing.

There is no law that says you cannot pray before a game. Every individual is free to pray as they see fit....or to not pray.

If an individual can kneel to pray before or during the game they also have the right/freedom to kneel or stand during the Star Spangled Banner.

We also have the right to criticize those who pray (see the things said about Tim Tebow) and those who kneel during the Anthem (see things said about Colen Kapernick).

Freedom is a funny thing.

Well said Macdon.

I enjoyed the Jason Frakes article on Waggener. Agree with everything you guys are saying and I don't understand taking a knee during the Anthem. But, the kids at Waggener have my attention. I like to see the kids at least turn the situation into something positive. Lot of positive groups getting established at Waggener and it sounds like Police officers are getting engaged to collaborate with the kids. Again, taking a knee during the anthem is something I'll never get behind - but I respect the kids at Waggener for turning it into positive results and following up with actions!! The kids got my attention and thanks to Jason Frakes for the article to help the kids get the message out in the open.

Now...stand up and respect the flag and all the people (regardless of skin color, religion or sexual orientation) that sacrificed or continue to sacrifice for all of us.