National Anthem

CATonFIRE76

If ya sit for the anthem ya sit for the game sounds good to me!

Would be my policy as a HC. They're free to express their right to sit, I'm free to express my right to not play you.

As far as praying goes, there's no law that says you cannot pray in a school setting. You just can't mandate prayer.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the rumor about high school kids doing it is true, it is getting ready to get out of hand, none of them have been alive long enough to know whats going on, much less what they are protesting for. When the prayers went out of schools, the guns came in. We are not going to have many rights before long. I remember as a kid the communists said they would take America without firing a shot, by doing it through influencing through the minds of the youth, Sad world we live in today.

Would be my policy as a HC. They're free to express their right to sit, I'm free to express my right to not play you.

I'm not a fan of national anthem protests, but how is the above fair? You have power over the player and are using it against them because they express an opinion/protest that you disagree with. What are they taking from you or anyone by refusing to stand?

As far as praying goes, there's no law that says you cannot pray in a school setting. You just can't mandate prayer.

I'm glad you mentioned this. Most people think "no praying" is a blanket rule and that isn't the case. Its all about making it mandatory.

Edited by gchs_uk9

I'm not a fan of national anthem protests, but how is the above fair? You have power over them and are using it against them because they express an opinion/protest that you disagree with. What are they taking from you or anyone by refusing to stand?

Agree. Terrible example to set.

Maybe I can hijack this thread and take in another direction for a moment. I have wondered for years why schools don't wait until the teams come out for the final "tunnel walk", and are standing on their respective sidelines before playing the National Anthem so that the players can also pay their respects to the nation. Most High School football venues that I have visited, play the National Anthem before the players come out for the start of the game?

When is an appropriate time?

Hard to really determine a good time to wage a protest. I understand where they are coming from but the founding fathers weren't the ones causing this unrest when they fought again teirany to get the freedoms we all enjoy. Protesting the political elite career politicians would be my best guess.

Forcing beliefs or opinions (which is exactly what you're doing if you sit a kid) on youth is never a good idea.

Disagree strongly. "Train up a child in the way he should go...." Young people don't have the perspective to understand a lot of what adults should teach them...whether it is in school or the workplace. But you teach them anyway, and someday most will understand. And appreciate. Especially when it comes to the military and our flag.