Houston 40 Cincinnati 16

swamprat

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 touchdowns in the 4th ouch. I first saw this thread and thought the same thing @GrantNKY said. Told the Mrs. Glad I passed up 5th row 50 yard line seats. Now I would have liked to have been there.

On second thought. Lake life is better than a UC game.

That Houston front 7 is legit. They can be beat over the top, but in the process you just ram your head into a brick wall over and over again.

25 rushes for 30 yards is about as brutal as it gets, and UC didn't play ahead of the chains all night. Teams are going to have to spread Houston out and get them on their heels via the pass to knock them off. Much easier said than done...

That Houston front 7 is legit.They can be beat over the top, but in the process you just ram your head into a brick wall over and over again.

25 rushes for 30 yards is about as brutal as it gets, and UC didn't play ahead of the chains all night. Teams are going to have to spread Houston out and get them on their heels via the pass to knock them off. Much easier said than done...

Yeah they are. Ed Oliver is going to be a household name. Reminds me of Ndamukong Suh at Nebraska.

Do you all think that was a good enough audition for UC last night? The atmosphere looked great and UC certainly held their own until the last 4 minutes basically against a team, that if in the Big 12 would probably be the best team. I'm not a UC fan per say, but I root for them when they aren't playing my team and genuinely hope they do well.

Do you all think that was a good enough audition for UC last night? The atmosphere looked great and UC certainly held their own until the last 4 minutes basically against a team, that if in the Big 12 would probably be the best team. I'm not a UC fan per say, but I root for them when they aren't playing my team and genuinely hope they do well.

I think UC is definitely getting in. I worry that they won't be able to have any sort of sustained success there though. They'll win a couple conference games a year IMO. Competing with the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, OKState, TCU, Baylor on a yearly basis? I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong.

The crowd was awesome, I'm not sold on Houston yet I think UC could have beat them if they had Kiel at QB back when he could play.

The question is can UC compete in the B12 with a team full of 2 and 3 star players? How does 7-6 translate to the B12?

I think UC is definitely getting in. I worry that they won't be able to have any sort of sustained success there though. They'll win a couple conference games a year IMO. Competing with the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, OKState, TCU, Baylor on a yearly basis? I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong.

I really think they'll be able to hold their own. I think UC has shown that they can consistently put out competitive football teams year in and year out despite multiple coaching changes. No they are never going to beat OU, Texas, and TCU. But after this current group of players graduates from Baylor I see them struggling for awhile. So assuming Houston gets in too, I see UC as being the 4th or 5th best team in the Big XII. They certainly aren't going to be bring up the rear with the likes of Iowa St. and Kansas. I also think the fact that UC is a perennial NCAA tourney team in basketball helps their cause too.

I really think they'll be able to hold their own. I think UC has shown that they can consistently put out competitive football teams year in and year out despite multiple coaching changes. No they are never going to beat OU, Texas, and TCU. But after this current group of players graduates from Baylor I see them struggling for awhile. So assuming Houston gets in too, I see UC as being the 4th or 5th best team in the Big XII. They certainly aren't going to be bring up the rear with the likes of Iowa St. and Kansas. I also think the fact that UC is a perennial NCAA tourney team in basketball helps their cause too.

They've been able to hold their own in the AAC. Big XII is a whole different animal IMO. Yeah, they'll compete with the Iowa State and Kansas of the conference, but the rest? It'll be an uphill battle IMO.

The crowd was awesome, I'm not sold on Houston yet I think UC could have beat them if they had Kiel at QB back when he could play.

The question is can UC compete in the B12 with a team full of 2 and 3 star players? How does 7-6 translate to the B12?

I think last year is more of the exception and not the rule. I think UC is a perennial 9-3, 10-2 team in the AAC. Probably makes them 8-4, 9-3 team in the Big XII. The Big XII is very top heavy. The middle of the pack and bottom of the Big XII is inarguably IMO the worst of the power 5 conferences.