Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easily? Wow...that is aggressive.

Texas

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Baylor

TCU

Those are 5 programs that have a HUGE head start.

Texas Tech

Kansas State

West Virginia

Maybe, after 3 or 4 years, UC could get to the head of that class. Maybe.

This doesn't even include Houston, which could join too, and are in that top group squarely right now.

I'm a guy that thought UC could win last night, and felt very bright when it was 16-12 in the 4th quarter, but saying they'd be in the Top 3 or 4 teams in the Big 12 within 3 years, let alone "Easily", is flat out crazy.

Spot on IMO. They're best bet is to be in annual competition with TT, KState, and WVU. Which would mean an annual bowl trip and a very consistent respectable program.

My concern Walt is they've been a top 3-4 in the American the last few years. You think that instantly translates to top 3-4 in the B12? They also have no recruiting foundation in Ohio outside of a few Cincinnati schools.

Im all for them in the B12 but it's a different animal then the American. I just don't want them to be a bottom feeder in a big pond.

Top 3 in the league within 3 years? Yeah, I'm gonna call "nonsense" on that.

They're quite a ways away from being able to compete year in, year out with the likes of Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, OKState, Baylor....

UC has fared pretty well against the big names they've played here in Cincy over the years. Hell they had #8 Oklahoma beat in 2011 when they played at Paul Brown but a DJ Woods fumble on the 2 yard line (after a long catch and run) cost the Bearcats the game in a 31-29 loss.

I understand the concern, and I have the same concerns but given 3 years with a different recruiting budget and conference affiliation would be a huge boost to what they already have going on. The coaching staff has been very selective with this year's recruiting class with the B12 decision looming.

It's also much easier to keep some of the top Cincy/Ohio talent (that OSU doesn't want) in state playing in the B12 than it is while playing in the AAC. Kids just don't get up for playing some of the teams in the AAC. They did well with the Big East affiliation (in a league that was better than given credit for), which is why I think they would be one of the better teams in the B12. Outside of Texas and Oklahoma, there isn't a team that I look at and think "man, UC would really struggle to compete with them."

We will see, I guess.

Win lose or draw - I love the intimacy and draft beer of Nippert over any stadium i've been to for college football. Hell any football for that matter. I love it. Been a season ticket holder for all the great coaches and athletes that have been thru here in last decade and my family and I have loved every freakin minute of it.

We are ALL in on the Nati and last night's student sections was OUTSTANDING. Kudos to those kids and that campus and all new buildings/apartments facilities up there - again second to none. Wow. Wherever they play - MAC, Big East, AAC, Big 12 - count us IN.

Where in the world would they put 15k more seats?

Yeah, I'm not sure how they'd be able to do that.

Obviously the following is nothing from the university, but here are a few areas where seats could be added to get them to 50k plus. The two pictures with the red squared areas. (Second picture is off to the right of the blown up picture that shows the opposite end zone..third one, top row of set of 8 photos)

nippert stadium big 12 expansion - Google Search

Having discussed those pictures with others at the game last night who have seen more in depth plans, those pictures aren't far off from what UC wants to do if they need to expand again.

Basically the second deck would be torn down and re-built to extend higher and further in the south end zone with seats on both sides of Dieterle to connect both second decks. Seats would be added to fill in the gaps in the north end zone in the lower level and a second deck would be added above. I don't think the seats next to the score board on the Rec Center could be done but apparently there have been talks of putting seats there too. Mike Bohn (UC's AD) has also stated publicly that they would add seats in increments of 5 and 10k should they get a Big 12 invite and need to expand.

Obviously the

that will start after this season will come first, but UC is investing a lot of money in to athletics right now and has planned even more investments to continue to grow the state of UC's hoops and football programs. Edited by Walter

Why is Gunner not the starting QB?

Popular question among UC fans...he is currently listed as the 3rd string QB. GT was at all of the summer workouts so would have more insight as to who has looked better, but I find it hard to believe that UC from a pure passing standpoint wouldn't be better with Gunner taking the snaps. Hayden's accuracy has been terrible on deep throws and his decision making has been questionable, IMO....and I've been at all three games so far, including the road trip to Purdue.

Easily? Wow...that is aggressive.

Texas

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Baylor

TCU

Those are 5 programs that have a HUGE head start.

Texas Tech

Kansas State

West Virginia

Maybe, after 3 or 4 years, UC could get to the head of that class. Maybe.

This doesn't even include Houston, which could join too, and are in that top group squarely right now.

I'm a guy that thought UC could win last night, and felt very bright when it was 16-12 in the 4th quarter, but saying they'd be in the Top 3 or 4 teams in the Big 12 within 3 years, let alone "Easily", is flat out crazy.

I get what you're saying but I'm not the only one who realizes what UC can become should they get in to the Big 12:

Big-time college football recruiting in Ohio: Did Cincinnati prove it can change things for Ohio State? | cleveland.com

The crowd was awesome, I'm not sold on Houston yet I think UC could have beat them if they had Kiel at QB back when he could play.

The question is can UC compete in the B12 with a team full of 2 and 3 star players? How does 7-6 translate to the B12?

The QB UC has now was better than Kiel last year, and would have been better than him this year IMO. The QB played great, his only poor throws came when he had pressure right in his face, and even all pro QB's struggle when that happens.

The QB UC has now was better than Kiel last year, and would have been better than him this year IMO. The QB played great, his only poor throws came when he had pressure right in his face, and even all pro QB's struggle when that happens.

Kiel was a much better prospect and QB when he arrived at UC. I still think he is better but he's also been beaten to a pulp in a UC uni. I am not sure how comfortable they are playing him.

I have a coaching question for you all. UC intercepts ball and takes it to the houston 20 4 and 1 UC runs instead of taking the 3 why not take the 3 that would put you up 10-7 in the 2nd, now fast forward to the 4th when UC scores a td and they failed to get the 2 point. at that time the game is 16-12 if they would have kicked the fg earlier in the game they would have kicked the extra point and would have put UC up 20-12 in the 4th wouldnt that have changed play calling and put more pressure on Houston? so i guess my question why in the world wouldnt he kick a fg in that scenario?