Houston 40 Cincinnati 16

swamprat

Kiel was a much better prospect and QB when he arrived at UC. I still think he is better but he's also been beaten to a pulp in a UC uni. I am not sure how comfortable they are playing him.

Being a better prospect out of high school means zero after seeing both qbs play in college. I'm not saying Kiel was bad, but the current qb is better imo. The guy now can make all the throws and imo more mentally in the game. Even if Kiel was fully healthy and never had injury concerns, I don't think he would have won the job.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a coaching question for you all. UC intercepts ball and takes it to the houston 20 4 and 1 UC runs instead of taking the 3 why not take the 3 that would put you up 10-7 in the 2nd, now fast forward to the 4th when UC scores a td and they failed to get the 2 point. at that time the game is 16-12 if they would have kicked the fg earlier in the game they would have kicked the extra point and would have put UC up 20-12 in the 4th wouldnt that have changed play calling and put more pressure on Houston? so i guess my question why in the world wouldnt he kick a fg in that scenario?

Probably not trusting his defense to hold Houston down all game and also not trusting his offense to get that close to the end zone again against a great front 7. The play call itself though was very questionable.

I am trying to remember any football game I have seen that changed as dramatically and as fast as that game did last night. UC was trailing 26 - 16 with 4 minutes left and driving for a score that would have made it a one-score game. Fifteen seconds later they trailed 40 - 16, after the back-to-back pick sixes.

On the Tuberville decisions passing up the points, I agree with those who say kick the field goal. Take the points that put you in the lead, don't give the other side momentum and keep them on their heels.