Pokemon Go App

HammerTime

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a positive note, my oldest son got off the couch and rode his bike through every local neighborhood to find the pokemon. A phone app that gets him off the couch, who would have thought.

No doubt, I haven’t seen so many neighborhood kids out in a long time!

Apparently there is a Pidgey at my neighbor’s across the street. It’s up in their landscaping by their fountain. My neighbors are in their 80’s… I’m sure they think the world has gone crazy.

On a positive note, my oldest son got off the couch and rode his bike through every local neighborhood to find the pokemon. A phone app that gets him off the couch, who would have thought.

THIS.

And---my boys are bonding over this. They are communicating and working together, outside scouring the hood by bike or feet to find Pokemon.

Genius app.

Edited by hoops5

That app should come with a boxing glove that pops out and punches you in the nuts when you download it.

I know Pokemon cards were a big thing amongst kids in the late 90's, and the video games were big on Nintendo Gameboy while that system was big. So it was never really part of our generation. But I'm not sure I get why it's getting so much hate from people on BGP. It's just an app to kill some time, that you can fire up during a walk, or when you got nothing going on. I'm sure almost everyone of us has a silly thing we like to do during a few minutes of downtime. I'm not sure why this particular thing warrants a nut punch or a revocation of your man card. And we complain endlessly about video games keeping kids inside and on the couch, and here's one that gets people outside and active. I just don't see how that's a bad thing.

I know Pokemon cards were a big thing amongst kids in the late 90's, and the video games were big on Nintendo Gameboy while that system was big. So it was never really part of our generation. But I'm not sure I get why it's getting so much hate from people on BGP. It's just an app to kill some time, that you can fire up during a walk, or when you got nothing going on. I'm sure almost everyone of us has a silly thing we like to do during a few minutes of downtime. I'm not sure why this particular thing warrants a nut punch or a revocation of your man card. And we complain endlessly about video games keeping kids inside and on the couch, and here's one that gets people outside and active. I just don't see how that's a bad thing.

:clap: Well done. I predict that some of these haters have not even checked out the App, and are just jumping on the judgy bandwagon to be cool. No worries.

I'm going to download the app today, so I can join the fun---but more importantly, so that I can bond with my boys.

Life is too short to judge others. Squeeze as much fun as you can out of each day.

I think it's dumb and incredibly dorky. And I won't judge all, but I will judge @HammerTime lol.

However, in saying that, I'm sure many that are playing would judge me for the amount of time I spend reading up on my Fantasy Football team. So, to each their own.

I do think it's good that kids are getting outside more.

We have seen at least 3 cars with people stopping or pulling off abruptly that I'm pretty sure we're trying to capture pokemon.

Before long we will here of a fatal wreck caused by someone trying to catch one.

Pokemon Go is Geocaching for those too lazy to get out of their car :lol2:

BTW for those going to the Olympics in Rio, according to my daughter you can get a Mew-nu (sp?) At the Jesus statue over looking Rio.

I think it's dumb and incredibly dorky. And I won't judge all, but I will judge @HammerTime lol.

However, in saying that, I'm sure many that are playing would judge me for the amount of time I spend reading up on my Fantasy Football team. So, to each their own.

I do think it's good that kids are getting outside more.

I'm cool with dorky. I'm going to join my 4 dorky boys today--age 20, 16, 14, and 8.

#dorkymom

I'm cool with dorky. I'm going to join my 4 dorky boys today--age 20, 16, 14, and 8.

#dorkymom

Dorky is all relative lol. Like I said, I'm sure plenty out there would call me a dork for playing fantasy football as much as I do.

I just don't get the fascination of Pokemon, but I never played Magic or World of Warcraft either. Just never were my things.

Heard a couple horror stories on the radio today. Supposedly 'kids' in STL are 'luring' people to their area where they greet the Pokemon player with a couple guys with guns & rob them at gun point.

Hate to rain on the parade, but it's important to be aware (and to teach your kids the same).

#dorkymom

This is the cool thing. I saw parents out with their kids walking around the neighborhood, interacting with other parents and their children. A colleague at work said he spent 4-5 hours out with his kids this weekend playing Pokemon Go, and had a blast. Anything that brings people and family closer, and leads to this sort of interaction is ok with me.