LeBron's legacy

LeBron ain't leaving, yet. He, Wade, Melo and CP3 will time up their contracts and then leave together.

LeBron will be 36 by the time Melo is a Free Agent

LeBron can opt out now

Wade has no contract for next season so he is a FA

CP3 has one more year until he can be a FA

of course KD is a FA now...if LeBron leaves it will be to hook up with KD IMO

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The block will certainly be part of his legacy.

Here's a link showing a sequence of pics of the play.

LeBron James blocks Andre Iguodala's shot in NBA Finals

This was one of the most athletic plays I have ever seen in a NBA Finals game. This is right up there with Jordan switching hands vs the Lakers as two moments that when I saw it I jumped out of my chair and screamed.

Amazing

He can definitely leave. All he guaranteed was a title in Cleveland.

In evaluating Cleveland's roster, LeBron has to ask how confident he feels Kyrie can stay healthy. Kyrie is usually available once every other season. What can the Cavs get in return for Love if they decide to move on from him?

You are obviously not from NE Ohio. Lebron is not allowed to leave.

I find it funny to see some posts on Facebook from friends of my friends, who just moved to Cleveland in the past 5 or 10 years, who've been bemoaning how long it's been since Cleveland won a championship. They talk about "how hard it's been". Ha! Go through your entire life (nearly 50 years) not knowing anything else...and then get back to us. They don't know what true suffering has been like. Bandwagon sufferers.

LeBron doesn't owe them anything, especially now.

Spoken like an out-of-towner. To NE Ohioans he is a hometown son. Loyalty means he will retire from the Cavs. That's just the way it is.

I find it funny to see some posts on Facebook from friends of my friends, who just moved to Cleveland in the past 5 or 10 years, who've been bemoaning how long it's been since Cleveland won a championship. They talk about "how hard it's been". Ha! Go through your entire life (nearly 50 years) not knowing anything else...and then get back to us. They don't know what true suffering has been like. Bandwagon sufferers.

That's pretty funny. But I guess it goes to show how passionate Cleveland fans are about their sports teams. Even folks from outside the area catch the fever when they move there.

I was a Cleveland sports fan before I was born--50+ years. Yes, there is the pain of many years without a champion, but I remember the good years when the Browns, for instance, were knocking on the door, always the underdog, but would win in such incredible fashion--Sipe, Ozzy, Kosar, etc. That'll make true fans out of you. I've also infected my kids.

Cavs winning the NBA championship is terrific but wait until the Browns win the Super Bowl. NE Ohio is a "football town."

LeBron doesn't owe them anything, especially now.

The funny thing about LeBron is that until he returned to Cleveland two years ago, he was the first person to let you know he was from Akron. He always disassociated himself from Cleveland and would correct people that said he was. I am not saying he is being disingenuous today (I really don't know), just that he never embraced it until recently.

Spoken like an out-of-towner. To NE Ohioans he is a hometown son. Loyalty means he will retire from the Cavs. That's just the way it is.

That's pretty funny. But I guess it goes to show how passionate Cleveland fans are about their sports teams. Even folks from outside the area catch the fever when they move there.

I was a Cleveland sports fan before I was born--50+ years. Yes, there is the pain of many years without a champion, but I remember the good years when the Browns, for instance, were knocking on the door, always the underdog, but would win in such incredible fashion--Sipe, Ozzy, Kosar, etc. That'll make true fans out of you. I've also infected my kids.

Cavs winning the NBA championship is terrific but wait until the Browns win the Super Bowl. NE Ohio is a "football town."

That's fine and dandy and I am not saying he will leave this year but I don't expect him to finish his career in Cleveland.

That's fine and dandy and I am not saying he will leave this year but I don't expect him to finish his career in Cleveland.

Have no idea what he will do. The siren call of money may take him to almost anywhere. I'm just telling you how it will be received in NE Ohio.

@bugatti, there is no distinction between towns in NE Ohio when you are talking professional sports. I would never have said I was a Clevelander when speaking about where I lived, but when it comes to the NFL, NBA, and MLB, I am a huge Cleveland sports fan. That whole region identifies with Cleveland sports teams. There are no Akron NFL, NBA, or MLB teams so that distinction is non-existent. I know LeBron said that when he left Cleveland before but he was just trying to get some support back home instead of the almost universal vilification he received with his chump move on ESPN when he announced his intentions.

But that has been forgiven for the way he returned to Cleveland and put everything he had into bringing a championship home to Cleveland. Hometown son made good on his promise.