Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LeBron's legacy

Featured Replies

Ok, where does he rank? I have him as the greatest small forward ever, and top 5 all time behind:

1. Michael

2. Wilt

3. Russell

4. Cap

  • Replies 62
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will keep him behind MJ, but this is unreal:

 

Lebron led all Finals players in...

 

Points

Rebounds

Assists

Steal

Blocks

 

First player in ANY series to do that.

I will keep him behind MJ, but this is unreal:

 

Lebron led all Finals players in...

 

Points

Rebounds

Assists

Steal

Blocks

 

First player in ANY series to do that.

 

Did they also say first unanimous choice for finals MVP? I'm guessing he wasn't real happy about getting zero votes as the league MVP?

Did they also say first unanimous choice for finals MVP? I'm guessing he wasn't real happy about getting zero votes as the league MVP?

 

You know, we can keep harping on this all day long, but the simple fact is he wasn't the best player during the regular season. Everybody is trying to make it about disrespect, but Steph had a better regular season. LeBron owned the playoffs.

You know, we can keep harping on this all day long, but the simple fact is he wasn't the best player during the regular season. Everybody is trying to make it about disrespect, but Steph had a better regular season. LeBron owned the playoffs.

Steph was unanimous MVP first time ever. Not 1 vote Lebrons way? I think he went in with a chip on his shoulder.

Not sure how to quantify it, but I am not sure there is a biggest difference maker in the history of team sports than LeBron James. That is about as high of praise I can give someone. Want to talk about the weight of the world? From age 15 he was told he was the best and for the most part has lived up to expectations. I can't applaud him enough for that.

 

In my lifetime the only thing separating he and Jordan intangibly is mentality and play wise the ability to hit a jumper. They are different players, but LeBron is concerned first with getting others going before he gets his. Often to a fault. He has that capability though by being such a gifted passer. By far his best offensive attribute.

 

Nothing last night changed my stance on James. The most physically impressive player I have seen. I would put him just behind Jordan.

 

"Clutch" is subjective. But specifically when it comes to the closing moments of games, over time I expected Jordan to make the play(s). Over time I have come not to expect that from LeBron.

Lebron is the best basketball player I have seen in my lifetime and that includes Jordan. He may not be the stone cold killer Jordan was and if I was coaching and had to pick someone to take the last second shot it would be Jordan, but if I had to build a team around 1 player at any time James is my pick. His game elevated everyone around him IMO. I always felt like Jordan pulled others along in his greatness, while Lebron leads you to greatness while making you believe you are better than you really are because of his talents.

 

Just my thoughts.

Lebron is the best basketball player I have seen in my lifetime and that includes Jordan. He may not be the stone cold killer Jordan was and if I was coaching and had to pick someone to take the last second shot it would be Jordan, but if I had to build a team around 1 player at any time James is my pick. His game elevated everyone around him IMO. I always felt like Jordan pulled others along in his greatness, while Lebron leads you to greatness while making you believe you are better than you really are because of his talents.

 

Just my thoughts.

 

Love this assessment. Not sure I can call him greater than Jordan at this time, but probably will one day.

Love this assessment. Not sure I can call him greater than Jordan at this time, but probably will one day.

 

To me his legacy is cemented. I can't see anything that will have him eclipse Jordan in my mind. With both rolling in their primes, they've made the Finals every year, essentially. Even if LeBron gets a "pass" for being shorthanded last year, Jordan still went 6 for 6 with 6 Finals MVPs. In 2011 LeBron had the meltdown of all meltdowns. He has overcome that, but it is still part of his legacy.

Steph was unanimous MVP first time ever. Not 1 vote Lebrons way? I think he went in with a chip on his shoulder.

 

I think Draymond and Klay really added to that chip with the B word and then Klay's comments after.

My friend, a casual NBA fan and the smartest basketball guy I know, says one or two more titles moves him past Jordan.

 

It's tough for me to be objective on the matter, but most days I find it hard to believe anyone has ever been better.

James is the best athlete playing basketball that I've seen but still not the player that Jordan was. James will have to win a couple more for me to have him vault MJ.

LeBrons the most valuable player in league history. Take him off these Cavs and they're a lower seeded Eastern conference playoff team maybe, and we all know what happened when he left Cleveland. Miami was a lottery team last year.

 

When Jordan left the Bulls to go play baseball they still won 55 games, when he left them the next time so did Pippen,Rodman, and Phil.

 

LeBron is the best athlete/player to ever play basketball, and he's still got up to 10 years left in him maybe. At this point in Jordan's career he had 3 titles as well. LeBron is smart, he could end up with 5-6.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.