LeBron's legacy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember who said it, but I'd almost enjoy seeing LeBron be a hired mercenary. Go win a title with another pedestrian team next year, like say the Bucks. Spreading joy throughout the country haha!

How about LeBron to Minnesota for Wiggins and picks?

I don't remember who said it, but I'd almost enjoy seeing LeBron be a hired mercenary. Go win a title with another pedestrian team next year, like say the Bucks. Spreading joy throughout the country haha!

I said it and I am dead serious. If he wants something to elevate his legacy, take talents to another place or two and win a title. Winning 6 titles and MVPs was cool for Jordan. But I think it would be cool to say someone won 4-5 titles being the main attraction for 3-4 teams.

How about LeBron to Minnesota for Wiggins and picks?
As long as my man KAT stays in Minneapolis, let's make it happen. LeBron for Wiggins, Rubio, and the next 4 years of number one picks.

LeBrons the most valuable player in league history. Take him off these Cavs and they're a lower seeded Eastern conference playoff team maybe, and we all know what happened when he left Cleveland. Miami was a lottery team last year.

When Jordan left the Bulls to go play baseball they still won 55 games, when he left them the next time so did Pippen,Rodman, and Phil.

LeBron is the best athlete/player to ever play basketball, and he's still got up to 10 years left in him maybe. At this point in Jordan's career he had 3 titles as well. LeBron is smart, he could end up with 5-6.

That is a bit deceiving. At the same point in playing careers Jordan was to title 6 and retired after his 12th season (only 10 of which he played the entire season). LeBron just wrapped up season 13. Age wise they may have the same amount of titles to this point. LeBron ain't playing until he is 41.

He can definitely leave. All he guaranteed was a title in Cleveland.

In evaluating Cleveland's roster, LeBron has to ask how confident he feels Kyrie can stay healthy. Kyrie is usually available once every other season. What can the Cavs get in return for Love if they decide to move on from him?

Not sure how to quantify it, but I am not sure there is a biggest difference maker in the history of team sports than LeBron James. That is about as high of praise I can give someone. Want to talk about the weight of the world? From age 15 he was told he was the best and for the most part has lived up to expectations. I can't applaud him enough for that.

In my lifetime the only thing separating he and Jordan intangibly is mentality and play wise the ability to hit a jumper. They are different players, but LeBron is concerned first with getting others going before he gets his. Often to a fault. He has that capability though by being such a gifted passer. By far his best offensive attribute.

Nothing last night changed my stance on James. The most physically impressive player I have seen. I would put him just behind Jordan.

"Clutch" is subjective. But specifically when it comes to the closing moments of games, over time I expected Jordan to make the play(s). Over time I have come not to expect that from LeBron.

This perfectly sums up my viewpoint. There has never been a more physical, freak of nature playing basketball as James. If he had it between the ears like Jordan did, like Kobe did, nothing would have stopped him from claiming overall #1. But, because he does lack that, I just can't elevate him above Jordan.

That is a bit deceiving. At the same point in playing careers Jordan was to title 6 and retired after his 12th season (only 10 of which he played the entire season). LeBron just wrapped up season 13. Age wise they may have the same amount of titles to this point. LeBron ain't playing until he is 41.

LeBron didn't go to college, Jordan had three years. His decision, but those first few years Cleveland had no chance to win. If compared to Jordan, it should be by age.

Lebron is the best basketball player I have seen in my lifetime and that includes Jordan. He may not be the stone cold killer Jordan was and if I was coaching and had to pick someone to take the last second shot it would be Jordan, but if I had to build a team around 1 player at any time James is my pick. His game elevated everyone around him IMO. I always felt like Jordan pulled others along in his greatness, while Lebron leads you to greatness while making you believe you are better than you really are because of his talents.

Just my thoughts.

Sums up my thoughts as well. :thumb: