Highlands 48 Dixie 0

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Birds turned it up a notch tonight. But the Colonels are definitely in need of their annual early season tune-up. Kramer looked phenomenal! Not only was he running the ball; he was catching...and then running. Running clock started midway through the 3rd quarter.

The only thing that worried me tonight was the passing game. We need to get that going or we're going to have trouble selling the run against teams like Elder and St. X.

Looks like my 63-7 prediction wasn't too far off. I said 42-0 at the half and it could have easily been 42 or more at the 1/2 if not for a couple of fumbled snaps and a missed fg. The other thing that stopped Highlands was botched snaps. I thought Highlands was kind except for a couple 2 pt conversions. They could have basically run the ball for a T.D. anytime they wanted to, but decided to work on the passing game. Had they decided to keep running the ball it would have been 60 or 70 to zero.

The Birds turned it up a notch tonight. But the Colonels are definitely in need of their annual early season tune-up. Kramer looked phenomenal! Not only was he running the ball; he was catching...and then running. Running clock started midway through the 3rd quarter.

The only thing that worried me tonight was the passing game. We need to get that going or we're going to have trouble selling the run against teams like Elder and St. X.

I was at the game and i cant say that Kramer was phenomenal. Yes he did have so very goods runs, dont get me wrong, but he also had three fumbles in the first half. If the defense was paying more attention they could of had two of the fumbles. He did have a good game though.

Looks like my 63-7 prediction wasn't too far off. I said 42-0 at the half and it could have easily been 42 or more at the 1/2 if not for a couple of fumbled snaps and a missed fg. The other thing that stopped Highlands was botched snaps. I thought Highlands was kind except for a couple 2 pt conversions. They could have basically run the ball for a T.D. anytime they wanted to, but decided to work on the passing game. Had they decided to keep running the ball it would have been 60 or 70 to zero.

There was nothing unkind about the Muddle Huddle on the p.a.t. Those are legit plays and Highlands looks as if it will be a big part of all p.a.t. attempts this year. Why not take the easy two when it is there?

I was at the game and i cant say that Kramer was phenomenal. Yes he did have so very goods runs, dont get me wrong, but he also had three fumbles in the first half. If the defense was paying more attention they could of had two of the fumbles. He did have a good game though.
Let's just say, "When he looked good...he looked great." ;)

There was nothing unkind about the Muddle Huddle on the p.a.t. Those are legit plays and Highlands looks as if it will be a big part of all p.a.t. attempts this year. Why not take the easy two when it is there?

I like to put points on the board, but I think you line up and kick it when your playing a far inferior opponent. You might need those plays against Elder or St . X. Why give Elder or St X the time to scout it? Did it make a difference if it was 45-0 tonight instead of 48-0? As I said earlier, it could have been 70 -0 if Highlands really wanted to put up points. Those 2 pt conversions were totally unnecessary.