Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will KHSAA ever allow this?!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alabama also allows spring games. But since 7v7 got taken away in June, I can't IMAGINE they would sanction spring games.

Certainly shouldn't, hurts multi sport athletes and rising freshmen.

The reason they can do it in the south in states such as Alabama and Georgia, their baseball season ends a lot earlier. In Alabama, their baseball season is in the playoffs at this time. And while people talk about multi- sport players-- football is the MAIN sport in those states and we know in Kentucky it's not

Certainly shouldn't, hurts multi sport athletes and rising freshmen.
What about the 30-40 football only athletes (+,- a few depending on size of school) that are missing out on repetitions at the expense of a handful of "multi-sport" athletes?
Certainly shouldn't, hurts multi sport athletes and rising freshmen.

How?

Basketball gets a 972 game season in June, but football get ONE in the spring? Come on now fellas, that's crazy talk.

Basketball gets a 972 game season in June, but football get ONE in the spring? Come on now fellas, that's crazy talk.

 

Yeah the basketball limit is 750.

Yeah the basketball limit is 750.

 

Good to know.

Basketball gets a 972 game season in June, but football get ONE in the spring? Come on now fellas, that's crazy talk.

 

I told everyone back in 2006 that giving up 7 on 7 in June was the beginning. Instead I got the politician coaches bashing me. Why would it hurt a multi sport athlete? He's playing another sport, so he probably won't play. I like the idea. Will it pass? NO not in KY. It doesn't hurt GA, Alabama, or TN high schools. All of the sudden it's not good for KY schools. Politics and we had coaches who had an opportunity to fight for it, but chose to not fight for it.

Ok, the way I read it, it's still a 10 day spring practice session with one potential "game" against another team..."game" probably being much more like a scrimmage. Don't the kids do a team scrimmage game against each other at the end of spring practice anyway? So, instead of hitting each other, you hit someone else on that 10th day. So really no drastic change after all doesn't appear. I see no issue with it.

 

And, if you read further in the article, if you DON'T do a spring game, then you can pick up an extra scrimmage game in the fall. If I were a coach this would be MUCH more valuable to me, so I wouldn't do a spring game and would pick up an extra scrimmage in the fall.

Ok, the way I read it, it's still a 10 day spring practice session with one potential "game" against another team..."game" probably being much more like a scrimmage. Don't the kids do a team scrimmage game against each other at the end of spring practice anyway? So, instead of hitting each other, you hit someone else on that 10th day. So really no drastic change after all doesn't appear. I see no issue with it.

 

And, if you read further in the article, if you DON'T do a spring game, then you can pick up an extra scrimmage game in the fall. If I were a coach this would be MUCH more valuable to me, so I wouldn't do a spring game and would pick up an extra scrimmage in the fall.

 

GREAT ANSWER!!!!

Ok, the way I read it, it's still a 10 day spring practice session with one potential "game" against another team..."game" probably being much more like a scrimmage. Don't the kids do a team scrimmage game against each other at the end of spring practice anyway? So, instead of hitting each other, you hit someone else on that 10th day. So really no drastic change after all doesn't appear. I see no issue with it.

 

And, if you read further in the article, if you DON'T do a spring game, then you can pick up an extra scrimmage game in the fall. If I were a coach this would be MUCH more valuable to me, so I wouldn't do a spring game and would pick up an extra scrimmage in the fall.

 

It is actually if you do not have spring practice you can have 2 scrimmages, not if you don't play a spring game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.