New Fayette County School (Frederick Douglass)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blue are the existing borders and the colors are what will take effect once Douglass opens, correct?

I bet that real estate developers secretly are really wishing that Bryan Stations vast territory around the entire Northside would be cut up a little more. Having a Dunbar school zoning would really help some property values in a big way in some of those undeveloped area between Lexington and Georgetown.

I bet that real estate developers secretly are really wishing that Bryan Stations vast territory around the entire Northside would be cut up a little more. Having a Dunbar school zoning would really help some property values in a big way in some of those undeveloped area between Lexington and Georgetown.

I live in a single-school county so boundaries are of little effect to us. I have a few friends in Lexington with elementary age children who are all tore up about district changes.

I live in a single-school county so boundaries are of little effect to us. I have a few friends in Lexington with elementary age children who are all tore up about district changes.

It is a HUGE deal down here in Metro Atlanta.

Where I live in Gwinnett County literally a shift of about three miles may be the difference in a home's value increasing or dropping 15% or more.

Suburban Atlanta has some of the country's top public schools but also has some very under-performing ones.

I live in a "quite good" District (Collins Hill) and literally have a "great" district's (Peachtree Ridge) line less than 500 yards from my back yard and can see it. Consequently I am only about a mile and a half away from a "bad" district in Central Gwinnett.

Funny you should say that @ALTCat , the previous redistricting that occurred in Fayette happened back in 07/08 & took several large neighborhoods from Dunbar & gave them to Bryan Station to build up the population in that school after it was rebuilt. If anything, they keep on swinging the pendulum around towards Dunbar.

The estimated enrollments of these schools are: Henry Clay 2400, Dunbar 2300, Lafayette 2200, Bryan Station & Tates Creek are 1900 & the new school will have a capacity of roughly 1800 although I've driven past it and it looks to be by far the biggest school in the city.

If I was the new school I would write a blank check made out to Ty Scroggins of Central.

There is literally noone in the State of Kentucky that I could think of that would be a better hire. With what he has done at Central despite having less than ideal conditions I think he would be the dream coach of this school and what Fayette County Schools have always been missing. A great X's and O's Coach that can develop talent and maintain discipline and has the ability to win once the weather turns cold.

Did he apply?

I wasnt suggesting that, I am saying he would be the perfect man for the situation though

I don't disagree at all. I was just wondering if he had applied and am patiently waiting for someone to say who they have heard applied for the job so we can all check our lists at home. :D

They will be no big check for the new coach, he wont make a dime more than all the coaches

I always forget. Does Ky or Fayette County not allow booster clubs or bonus' to coaches? Some counties in Ga only allow a certain amount and some just say you have to report the size of the gift.