New Fayette County School (Frederick Douglass)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
This will definitely impact all Fayette County teams.

I think that is one reason there was such a drive this year to do well by Lafayette. They will lose many seniors and have to deal with re-districting - as will all the school.

I was wondering how it will affect all of the schools.

I was wondering how it will affect all of the schools.

I wonder how strict system will be on forcing players in new schools district to go to new school, if they are a Jr or Sr to come.

IMO any incoming Senior, athlete or not should be able to finish out at current school.

I wonder how strict system will be on forcing players in new schools district to go to new school, if they are a Jr or Sr to come.

IMO any incoming Senior, athlete or not should be able to finish out at current school.

Singling out sports participates probably is not allowed. Can you imagine to the uproar by non-sport students who would not want to move to new school?

I am not sure there is a phase-in of any type. Will look for that and the districting maps. Also will look to see what happened when Dunbar came online.

Singling out sports participates probably is not allowed. Can you imagine to the uproar by non-sport students who would not want to move to new school?

I am not sure there is a phase-in of any type. Will look for that and the districting maps. Also will look to see what happened when Dunbar came online.

Hopefully kids that just have one year to go, will have the chance finish at which ever school they choose to.

http://www.fcps.net/media/1896064/hsattendanceareas1718_with_current.pdf Here is a map of the old and new district lines for Fayette county. The bold blue lines are the current districts and the shaded areas are the new ones.
The Lexington Herald Leader stated previously transfers are normally rubber stamped making Fayette County districts virtually non-existent.

Wont impact Lafayette hardly at all. It will impact Henry Clay & Bryan Station the most.

This will definitely impact all Fayette County teams.

I think that is one reason there was such a drive this year to do well by Lafayette. They will lose many seniors and have to deal with re-districting - as will all the school.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have seen numerous transfers get denied within Fayette County from one school to another in-county. That rubber stamp doesn't exist.

The Lexington Herald Leader stated previously transfers are normally rubber stamped making Fayette County districts virtually non-existent.