Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Could Poythress return next year?

Featured Replies

Skal will declare and be gone. Lee either declares or transfers (no sense in sitting at the end of the bench in your last year). Ulis most likely gone.

 

Why do you think Ulis is gone? Just curious.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones

Bam

Fox

Gabriel

Monk

Bolden*

Waynard

Humphries

Hawkins

Matthews

Willis

Ulis

Briscoe

Skal

Lee

 

That would be the roster next season assuming Poythress doesn't try for a 5th year and Murray leaves. Also assumes that Bolden winds up picking Kentucky. Puts them at 15 scholarship guys.

 

My guess is either Skal or Lee (if not both) end up leaving, which would free up a scholarship for him to return if he could and wanted to. I just don't see it.

 

I think Ulis, Skal, and Lee leave. Right or wrong.

Why do you think Ulis is gone? Just curious.

 

Stock isn't going to get any higher. Late first, early 2nd due to size. He's as NBA ready as he'll ever be. I think he'll be a nice backup PG in the league. If he was 6'2", I think he'd be a potential NBA All-star.

Stock isn't going to get any higher. Late first, early 2nd due to size. He's as NBA ready as he'll ever be. I think he'll be a nice backup PG in the league. If he was 6'2", I think he'd be a potential NBA All-star.

 

And he'll lose some minutes next year to guys bigger than him that are just as talented. Now or never for TU.

I think Ulis, Skal, and Lee leave. Right or wrong.

 

I don't necessarily disagree. I was just listing everyone that could return. If I had to guess Skal and Lee both leave as you said. I think Ulis will be a coin-flip.

And he'll lose some minutes next year to guys bigger than him that are just as talented. Now or never for TU.

 

If Ullis stay's he really isn't going to lose much minutes to anyone. The only thing that would change would be Cal would be able to give him a few minutes here and then to actually rest and not be afraid of the team doing horrible with him out. In terms of true pg and running this team, this is the best pg Cal has had at UK in that aspect. If Ullis stays other guys will end up playing off the ball, just like Murray this year who also was a very talented pg coming out of high school.

Stock isn't going to get any higher. Late first, early 2nd due to size. He's as NBA ready as he'll ever be. I think he'll be a nice backup PG in the league. If he was 6'2", I think he'd be a potential NBA All-star.

 

I can't really disagree with this. Ullis is very competitive, so IMO is decision will come down to if he wants to come back and be the man still. Or go pro already and be a guy who doesn't get many minutes if at all early on. Basically comes down to getting paid to not play or not getting paid and getting to lead a team by staying in college.

 

I honestly see him staying for one more year and playing with next years group and then turning pro.

The Alex Poythress experience has played out. Best of luck at the YMCA 30 and under league.

If Ulis is back, it's on. Might have a mixture of all Cal's best teams, if the talent pans out.

If Ulis is back, it's on. Might have a mixture of all Cal's best teams, if the talent pans out.

 

Bam! Bam! Bam!!!

And he'll lose some minutes next year to guys bigger than him that are just as talented. Now or never for TU.

 

Ulis wouldn't lose minutes to any guard that might come in. He's played with other PGs Borg years. He may play a few less minutes to be fresh, but I don't think he'd be losing them as much as having the opportunity to rest.

Bam! Bam! Bam!!!

 

Realistically how does the incoming class compare with t others Cal has had?

Realistically how does the incoming class compare with t others Cal has had?

 

Potential to be up there with the best. Fox and Bam are special...

Ulis isn't leaving. 5'9" guards are extremely rare in the NBA and he is not at the level at the ones that have made it in the past.

Ulis isn't leaving. 5'9" guards are extremely rare in the NBA and he is not at the level at the ones that have made it in the past.

 

He's not at Nate Robinson's or Muggsy Bogues level?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.