Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Could Poythress return next year?

Featured Replies

If he wanted? Is he eligible for a medical redshirt from last year's injury?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe so.

 

Wouldn't think he would want to even if he could. He graduated last year, so doubt he'd want to stick around for a 2nd year taking pointless classes so he can play for free, when he could be playing for pay.

A 5th year senior under Cal? isn't that illegal in his system?;)

I don't believe so.

 

Wouldn't think he would want to even if he could. He graduated last year, so doubt he'd want to stick around for a 2nd year taking pointless classes so he can play for free, when he could be playing for pay.

 

I don't know why he'd want to either, but isn't he taking graduate level courses right now towards a graduate degree? Or am I just making that up? Maybe I just assumed he was.

I don't know why he'd want to either, but isn't he taking graduate level courses right now towards a graduate degree? Or am I just making that up? Maybe I just assumed he was.

 

He may be, I don't know. Pretty sure it's a one year program at UK though.

Looking back, I think he likely could get a medical hardship for last year...

Just depends. If he does, it's to complete his masters program for free. He did graduate early and is working on the masters now. As far as basketball, I wouldn't mind having him back but don't see him in the top 8 rotation. Seems like a great kid and I hate to rip him but his basketball skills are awful. If I see him drive the ball behind the backboard I may need a new Sony.

Looking back, I think he likely could get a medical hardship for last year...

 

Is there not a statute of limitations on that? I would think he would have had to have applied and been approved for a medical redshirt during the last season. But I don't know the official rule.

Is there not a statute of limitations on that? I would think he would have had to have applied and been approved for a medical redshirt during the last season. But I don't know the official rule.

 

He can apply any time in the 5 years to play 4 window as I understand it...

Jones

Bam

Fox

Gabriel

Monk

Bolden*

Waynard

Humphries

Hawkins

Matthews

Willis

Ulis

Briscoe

Skal

Lee

 

That would be the roster next season assuming Poythress doesn't try for a 5th year and Murray leaves. Also assumes that Bolden winds up picking Kentucky. Puts them at 15 scholarship guys.

 

My guess is either Skal or Lee (if not both) end up leaving, which would free up a scholarship for him to return if he could and wanted to. I just don't see it.

13 is the scholarship limit...

13 is the scholarship limit...

 

:lol2: I had thought it was, but wasn't sure so I googled it and it told me 15...Stupid Google.

Just depends. If he does, it's to complete his masters program for free. He did graduate early and is working on the masters now. As far as basketball, I wouldn't mind having him back but don't see him in the top 8 rotation. Seems like a great kid and I hate to rip him but his basketball skills are awful. If I see him drive the ball behind the backboard I may need a new Sony.

 

If he was in the top 8 rotation last year, he would be next year still. When he is a guy who is counted on being the teams only true low post threat he will look bad. However when they have had a true lost post threat, he has always looked better.

Jones

Bam

Fox

Gabriel

Monk

Bolden*

Waynard

Humphries

Hawkins

Matthews

Willis

Ulis

Briscoe

Skal

Lee

 

That would be the roster next season assuming Poythress doesn't try for a 5th year and Murray leaves. Also assumes that Bolden winds up picking Kentucky. Puts them at 15 scholarship guys.

 

My guess is either Skal or Lee (if not both) end up leaving, which would free up a scholarship for him to return if he could and wanted to. I just don't see it.

 

Skal will declare and be gone. Lee either declares or transfers (no sense in sitting at the end of the bench in your last year). Ulis most likely gone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.