Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is This the Most Iconic Catch In Super Bowl History?

Featured Replies

To answer @Clyde 's question...yes. And it's the catch I expected to see when I opened the thread. Freaking Steelers.:no:

  • Replies 79
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He lived close to my wife's family in Pittsburgh. I think Andy Russell did as well.

Met him at Mellon Bank when I was a pup after he won the SB MVP. Got a pic with him, Lambert and LC.

For me it's Swan's catch. That is the first Super Bowl I can remember watching. And I've seen that play maybe hundreds of times, and it's a piece of art. Tyree's catch was great, but it doesn't stick with me like Swan's catch. I was much more impressionable as a 7 year old when Swan made his catch, than I was as a 40 year old when Tyree made his catch.

Met him at Mellon Bank when I was a pup after he won the SB MVP. Got a pic with him, Lambert and LC.

 

And did one of them throw you a jersey after giving them a Coke too?:idunno: Freaking Steelers suck.:poop:

What about Franco Harris Immaculate Reception

And did one of them throw you a jersey after giving them a Coke too?:idunno: Freaking Steelers suck.:poop:
No, but your envy is kinda cute.
No, but your envy is kinda cute.

 

:madman:

Tyree's degree of difficulty is much higher. That's not the debate.

 

Plus you give Swann the benefit because of the cool music and slo-mo NFL Films.

 

Greatest Super Bowl moments: Swann steps up - NFL Videos

 

This question is directed to you and all of the old guys on here. Why is this Swann catch more iconic that his one on the sideline where he seemingly flies through the air and still gets both feet in? That one, IMO, was better. The camera angle absolutely was perfect to capture his athleticism.

  • Author
This question is directed to you and all of the old guys on here. Why is this Swann catch more iconic that his one on the sideline where he seemingly flies through the air and still gets both feet in? That one, IMO, was better. The camera angle absolutely was perfect to capture his athleticism.

 

Better maybe but this catch is iconic because it's THE ONE we've seen since 1976.

 

It's his most famous catch.

Better maybe but this catch is iconic because it's THE ONE we've seen since 1976.

 

It's his most famous catch.

 

I understand that. I need to clarify. For those of us who didn't watch either Super Bowl, was the iconic catch more impactful to the outcome of the game than the catch he had on the sidelines?

  • Author
I understand that. I need to clarify. For those of us who didn't watch either Super Bowl, was the iconic catch more impactful to the outcome of the game than the catch he had on the sidelines?

 

No.

Was Swans catch as important as Tyrees?

 

For Tyree it was 3rd and 5 on the final drive...giants win or lose on this drive. If Eli gets sacked the game is likely over. If Tyree doesn't catch the ball it's 4th down...

I just can't fathom how a catch that had little impact on the outcome of the game could be considered more iconic than the Tyree catch. It's the first thing you think of when thinking of that Super Bowl.

I just can't fathom how a catch that had little impact on the outcome of the game could be considered more iconic than the Tyree catch. It's the first thing you think of when thinking of that Super Bowl.

 

It's considered by some to be the greatest play in super bowl history, so I agree.

  • Author
Was Swans catch as important as Tyrees?

 

For Tyree it was 3rd and 5 on the final drive...giants win or lose on this drive. If Eli gets sacked the game is likely over. If Tyree doesn't catch the ball it's 4th down...

 

Irrelevant to it being iconic. We've already said it was a much harder catch and was ESSENTIAL to the NYG win.

 

It's like telling me that 5 Guys is more iconic than McDonalds because it's a better burger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.