Is This the Most Iconic Catch In Super Bowl History?

Clyde

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me it's Swan's catch. That is the first Super Bowl I can remember watching. And I've seen that play maybe hundreds of times, and it's a piece of art. Tyree's catch was great, but it doesn't stick with me like Swan's catch. I was much more impressionable as a 7 year old when Swan made his catch, than I was as a 40 year old when Tyree made his catch.

Tyree's degree of difficulty is much higher. That's not the debate.

Plus you give Swann the benefit because of the cool music and slo-mo NFL Films.

Greatest Super Bowl moments: Swann steps up - NFL Videos

This question is directed to you and all of the old guys on here. Why is this Swann catch more iconic that his one on the sideline where he seemingly flies through the air and still gets both feet in? That one, IMO, was better. The camera angle absolutely was perfect to capture his athleticism.

This question is directed to you and all of the old guys on here. Why is this Swann catch more iconic that his one on the sideline where he seemingly flies through the air and still gets both feet in? That one, IMO, was better. The camera angle absolutely was perfect to capture his athleticism.

Better maybe but this catch is iconic because it's THE ONE we've seen since 1976.

It's his most famous catch.

Better maybe but this catch is iconic because it's THE ONE we've seen since 1976.

It's his most famous catch.

I understand that. I need to clarify. For those of us who didn't watch either Super Bowl, was the iconic catch more impactful to the outcome of the game than the catch he had on the sidelines?

I just can't fathom how a catch that had little impact on the outcome of the game could be considered more iconic than the Tyree catch. It's the first thing you think of when thinking of that Super Bowl.

It's considered by some to be the greatest play in super bowl history, so I agree.

Was Swans catch as important as Tyrees?

For Tyree it was 3rd and 5 on the final drive...giants win or lose on this drive. If Eli gets sacked the game is likely over. If Tyree doesn't catch the ball it's 4th down...

Irrelevant to it being iconic. We've already said it was a much harder catch and was ESSENTIAL to the NYG win.

It's like telling me that 5 Guys is more iconic than McDonalds because it's a better burger.