Will Grant County Vote for Alcohol Today? - Yes Alcohol Voted In

lawildcat

There was a gun and knife club called "The First and Last Chance Bar" on the Kenton/Grant County line. I guess that would take a new meaning if it passes.

I have been in that bar a few times. My boss at the first job I ever had was the owner in the mid 90's. That bar was definitely an experience.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wet vote was defeated soundly here in previous attempts a decade or so ago...but when it was on the ballot a few years ago it won easily. Probably softened up the voters because another small town in our county had already went moist.

Heard all of these rumors about Applebees, Red Lobster, Outback, Hooters, Buffalo Wild Wings and others were ready to come if the vote passed. A few years later have added a Texas Roadhouse and recently a Mellow Mushroom. The only people that seem to have gained much are the convenience stores, a couple of liquor stores and the 2 bars that have been able to stay in business.

Just curious, does anybody have any knowledge about liquor licenses? Just wondering if there's a limit as to how many can be issued, or how much they cost annually.

I had heard for years that Kroger had maintained an option on some property in Crittenden, but was just waiting for the county to go wet. I don't see them coming to the county now anyways (because of all the jack they're currently pulling in at the Walton location). But, I do know there's another grocery store that's supposed to open in the next month or so in Williamstown. Didn't know if this'd impact their plans or not.

Just curious, does anybody have any knowledge about liquor licenses? Just wondering if there's a limit as to how many can be issued, or how much they cost annually.

I had heard for years that Kroger had maintained an option on some property in Crittenden, but was just waiting for the county to go wet. I don't see them coming to the county now anyways (because of all the jack they're currently pulling in at the Walton location). But, I do know there's another grocery store that's supposed to open in the next month or so in Williamstown. Didn't know if this'd impact their plans or not.

Everyone will be able to sell beer. The state set's the number of Liquor Store License and control who get's them in Frankfort. The number is based on population...Somerset for example received 5 initially then recently received at least 1 more. 2 went to Pharmacy Chains and the other 3 went to local entrepreneurs and not one of the Liquor Store Chains which upset our mayor tremendously.