Will Grant County Vote for Alcohol Today? - Yes Alcohol Voted In

lawildcat

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preach in Grant County. I cannot vote because I live in Walton. I really do not see this huge economic boom that being a wet county would bring. As I understand it, the "moist" status means that restaurants that seat over 100 people can serve alcohol. Being "wet" would mean that liquor stores, local bars, and maybe hotel restaurants could serve alcohol. Would that really bring a lot more money to the county?

IDK. I predict that either way, life will go on. People who drink will drink and people who don't will not.

People forget that the last time this came up to vote, they got around 5000 or more signatures to put it on the ballot, and then only 1500 voted for it.

Having a special election today, right before Christmas, bad idea.

When the wife and I went to vote, there were two church buses in the parking lot. They had brought in the elderly from their churches that couldn't get to the polls on their own.

This aint passing, see you in 2023 when we do this gain.

People forget that the last time this came up to vote, they got around 5000 or more signatures to put it on the ballot, and then only 1500 voted for it.

Having a special election today, right before Christmas, bad idea.

When the wife and I went to vote, there were two church buses in the parking lot. They had brought in the elderly from their churches that couldn't get to the polls on their own.

This aint passing, see you in 2023 when we do this gain.

In other words, the people want it but the Churches are much more organized.

I preach in Grant County. I cannot vote because I live in Walton. I really do not see this huge economic boom that being a wet county would bring. As I understand it, the "moist" status means that restaurants that seat over 100 people can serve alcohol. Being "wet" would mean that liquor stores, local bars, and maybe hotel restaurants could serve alcohol. Would that really bring a lot more money to the county?

IDK. I predict that either way, life will go on. People who drink will drink and people who don't will not.

This is the underlying issue. When the votes passed to be moist, it was the next big thing. Outback, Applebees, other resturants were coming. Heck they built the Barnes Road interchange under the impression that Outback and Applebees were coming..................and we got nothing.

Take that back we got Larosa's, whoooo hooooo.

There is nothing in GC to support a wet vote. Honestly, this will do more for Walmart and the gas stations than any new restaurants coming if it passes.

Its a waste of time and money to keep rehashing this.

GC population is around 25K, thats it, thats less than the city of Florence.

I am sure it is a little of both.

I remember they guy with the petition at the Speedway in Dry Ridge, he was all in this was gonna change the county.

I smiled, signed the petition, handed him his pen back and said good luck. He looked at me and said were gonna win. I said no your not, cause about half the names you have that signed that are like me, they signed it to get a ballot, just to vote against it, cause its not the real issue the county has.

I remember they guy with the petition at the Speedway in Dry Ridge, he was all in this was gonna change the county.

I smiled, signed the petition, handed him his pen back and said good luck. He looked at me and said were gonna win. I said no your not, cause about half the names you have that signed that are like me, they signed it to get a ballot, just to vote against it, cause its not the real issue the county has.

I bet if no one could go to any type of wet establishment outside of Grant County (if they lived in Grant County) it would pass. In other words, Grant County likes being "zoned residential."