Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Grant County Vote for Alcohol Today? - Yes Alcohol Voted In

Featured Replies

It's not just about restaurants , it's nice to have a decent hotel or two in town that can serve alcohol when trying to convince a business to relocate. Also the extra traffic stores generate by being able to offer alcohol sales. People generally go to the store with intent to buy one thing and leads them to buy other things.

 

Money aside even if you don't want to believe numbers , it's just a freedom issue. Let adults decide and have the option to buy a legal product closer to home. Legalizing the purchase isn't going to drive people to drink , the consumption was already legal. Now it's just more likely those tax dollars stay home.

  • Replies 141
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
555px-Alcohol_control_in_the_United_States.svg.png

Blue is Wet...Red is Dry...Yellow is Mixed

 

Of course this may be a little out of date.

 

This isn't too old. It shows Trimble as mixed and that is a fairly recent change. There is one voting precinct in the county that has alcohol. That was so someone could open a winery.

555px-Alcohol_control_in_the_United_States.svg.png

Blue is Wet...Red is Dry...Yellow is Mixed

 

Of course this may be a little out of date.

 

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the one yellow shaded county in Nevada doesn't contain Las Vegas.

It's not just about restaurants , it's nice to have a decent hotel or two in town that can serve alcohol when trying to convince a business to relocate. Also the extra traffic stores generate by being able to offer alcohol sales. People generally go to the store with intent to buy one thing and leads them to buy other things.

 

Money aside even if you don't want to believe numbers , it's just a freedom issue. Let adults decide and have the option to buy a legal product closer to home. Legalizing the purchase isn't going to drive people to drink , the consumption was already legal. Now it's just more likely those tax dollars stay home.

 

Here's the thing, they have been moist for almost 10 years, and all the leaders of GC could do is bring in a Larosa's, a competing pizza place against your own family owned business.

 

What makes you think that just because GC went wet these places will come? Heck look at the outlet mall that was going to bring in other retailers to the area, you know the one that is now 75% empty.

 

GC is not big enough for all this dream land business the outsiders want. Its just not.

555px-Alcohol_control_in_the_United_States.svg.png

Blue is Wet...Red is Dry...Yellow is Mixed

 

Of course this may be a little out of date.

 

That one lone county in SD must be hell. :lol2:

Here's the thing, they have been moist for almost 10 years, and all the leaders of GC could do is bring in a Larosa's, a competing pizza place against your own family owned business.

 

What makes you think that just because GC went wet these places will come? Heck look at the outlet mall that was going to bring in other retailers to the area, you know the one that is now 75% empty.

 

GC is not big enough for all this dream land business the outsiders want. Its just not.

 

I think the county is plenty large, but the minds are too small. Grant County will not be Florence in my lifetime, which is telling that I would compare an entire county to a city, alas, if something doesn't change at the top, what would be the sell for people looking to a place to call home?

 

I agree alcohol will not make the immediate impact some are hoping, but will the ark? Will an Applebees or Hooters or any other place without a drive thru? (Really setting the bar high here aren't we?) Do the current residents want it to be a desirable location for a family, or just a place for people to grow up and leave?

 

I don't have the answers to any of these questions. Does anyone?

Here's the thing, they have been moist for almost 10 years, and all the leaders of GC could do is bring in a Larosa's, a competing pizza place against your own family owned business.

 

What makes you think that just because GC went wet these places will come? Heck look at the outlet mall that was going to bring in other retailers to the area, you know the one that is now 75% empty.

 

GC is not big enough for all this dream land business the outsiders want. Its just not.

 

Like I said even if you don't want to believe the numbers , it all comes down to a freedom issue . Do you believe in it or not.

I think the county is plenty large, but the minds are too small. Grant County will not be Florence in my lifetime, which is telling that I would compare an entire county to a city, alas, if something doesn't change at the top, what would be the sell for people looking to a place to call home?

 

I agree alcohol will not make the immediate impact some are hoping, but will the ark? Will an Applebees or Hooters or any other place without a drive thru? (Really setting the bar high here aren't we?) Do the current residents want it to be a desirable location for a family, or just a place for people to grow up and leave?

 

I don't have the answers to any of these questions. Does anyone?

 

Whats wrong with it the way it is?

Like I said even if you don't want to believe the numbers , it all comes down to a freedom issue . Do you believe in it or not.

 

Dont understand the freedom issue you keep bringing up. How is it a freedom issue.

Dont understand the freedom issue you keep bringing up. How is it a freedom issue.

 

I think he is saying that people have the right to choose to drink, therefore a ban on alcohol is a violation of freedom.

 

I say our freedom works in conjunction with laws that are voted on by the citizens. Since citizens have the freedom to vote, and they do, then it was not a violation of freedom to be a dry county.

 

I'm glad this decision was made through a vote and not by city council trying to change a law.

I think he is saying that people have the right to choose to drink, therefore a ban on alcohol is a violation of freedom.

 

I say our freedom works in conjunction with laws that are voted on by the citizens. Since citizens have the freedom to vote, and they do, then it was not a violation of freedom to be a dry county.

 

I'm glad this decision was made through a vote and not by city council trying to change a law.

 

The only problem with that is that our freedoms are granted to us as INDIVIDUALS not as communities.

The only problem with that is that our freedoms are granted to us as INDIVIDUALS not as communities.

 

I agree with you, good thing no one can make anyone live in Grant County, not that there is anything wrong with Grant County.

I think he is saying that people have the right to choose to drink, therefore a ban on alcohol is a violation of freedom.

 

I say our freedom works in conjunction with laws that are voted on by the citizens. Since citizens have the freedom to vote, and they do, then it was not a violation of freedom to be a dry county.

 

I'm glad this decision was made through a vote and not by city council trying to change a law.

 

You could still drink, there was nothing stopping you from drinking if you chose too.

Whats wrong with it the way it is?

 

There's nothing wrong with it. I'd just like some options here. Like I said, alcohol probably won't provide those options, but that the county is changing ever so slightly leads me to believe forms of entertainment and potential careers, if not for me, for my hypothetical children, will start to pop up.

There's nothing wrong with it. I'd just like some options here. Like I said, alcohol probably won't provide those options, but that the county is changing ever so slightly leads me to believe forms of entertainment and potential careers, if not for me, for my hypothetical children, will start to pop up.

 

Fair enough, but I dont think we have the leadership in the county and especially at the city levels to get anything of substance into the county even with the change.

 

Did know you were from GC, have to meet up a Beans some time, milkshake on me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.