Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Grant County Vote for Alcohol Today? - Yes Alcohol Voted In

Featured Replies

There was a gun and knife club called "The First and Last Chance Bar" on the Kenton/Grant County line. I guess that would take a new meaning if it passes.

 

I have been in that bar a few times. My boss at the first job I ever had was the owner in the mid 90's. That bar was definitely an experience.

  • Replies 141
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey now that goes both ways, all our Heroin problems are coming from your neck of the woods.

 

They just all come to Grant County to use. LOL

From what I've been told...

 

"Yes" 2424 (56.1%)

 

"No" 1899 (43.9%)

The Wet vote was defeated soundly here in previous attempts a decade or so ago...but when it was on the ballot a few years ago it won easily. Probably softened up the voters because another small town in our county had already went moist.

 

Heard all of these rumors about Applebees, Red Lobster, Outback, Hooters, Buffalo Wild Wings and others were ready to come if the vote passed. A few years later have added a Texas Roadhouse and recently a Mellow Mushroom. The only people that seem to have gained much are the convenience stores, a couple of liquor stores and the 2 bars that have been able to stay in business.

^ in sure more will come within 5 years.

 

Good to hear that GC passed it today.

From what I've been told...

 

"Yes" 2424 (56.1%)

 

"No" 1899 (43.9%)

 

Are you warming up some crow for plant or does Yes mean No?

Are you warming up some crow for plant or does Yes mean No?

 

No, I think in this case, the way it was worded, yes meant yes (you were in favor of the selling of alcohol). So, yes, I guess some crow would be on the menu.

No, I think in this case, the way it was worded, yes meant yes (you were in favor of the selling of alcohol). So, yes, I guess some crow would be on the menu.

 

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Just curious, does anybody have any knowledge about liquor licenses? Just wondering if there's a limit as to how many can be issued, or how much they cost annually.

 

I had heard for years that Kroger had maintained an option on some property in Crittenden, but was just waiting for the county to go wet. I don't see them coming to the county now anyways (because of all the jack they're currently pulling in at the Walton location). But, I do know there's another grocery store that's supposed to open in the next month or so in Williamstown. Didn't know if this'd impact their plans or not.

In other words, the people want it but the Churches are much more organized.

 

Apparently the buses from AA came in after the church going crowd.

Just curious, does anybody have any knowledge about liquor licenses? Just wondering if there's a limit as to how many can be issued, or how much they cost annually.

 

I had heard for years that Kroger had maintained an option on some property in Crittenden, but was just waiting for the county to go wet. I don't see them coming to the county now anyways (because of all the jack they're currently pulling in at the Walton location). But, I do know there's another grocery store that's supposed to open in the next month or so in Williamstown. Didn't know if this'd impact their plans or not.

 

Everyone will be able to sell beer. The state set's the number of Liquor Store License and control who get's them in Frankfort. The number is based on population...Somerset for example received 5 initially then recently received at least 1 more. 2 went to Pharmacy Chains and the other 3 went to local entrepreneurs and not one of the Liquor Store Chains which upset our mayor tremendously.

Excellent news!!!! Danville improved big time going from "moist" to "wet" and it is so great to not have to travel to Lexington just to act like an adult.

Wow im shocked honestly. Although the Judge at my precinct did say they had about 1400 absentee ballots turned in county wide so maybe I shouldn't be.

 

We will see what happens.

Does anyone have a count now on the number of wet vs dry counties? When I try to explain wet vs. dry to others outside of Kentucky they look at me like this:

 

the-best-of-the-skeptical-3rd-world-kid-meme.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.