Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Grant County Vote for Alcohol Today? - Yes Alcohol Voted In

Featured Replies

  • Author
Does anyone have a count now on the number of wet vs dry counties? When I try to explain wet vs. dry to others outside of Kentucky they look at me like this:

 

the-best-of-the-skeptical-3rd-world-kid-meme.jpg

 

Grant County votes for booze

 

From the above link:

 

"That will soon change. Grant County joins 36 other "wet" counties in Kentucky. Of Kentucky's 120 counties, 53 are "moist," with limited alcohol sales, and 31 are completely dry."

  • Replies 141
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
When does it take effect?

 

From the same link I posted:

 

County and city leaders in Grant County will meet tomorrow on how to prepare for issuing liquor licenses. The law will take affect in two months.

Grant County votes for booze

 

From the above link:

 

"That will soon change. Grant County joins 36 other "wet" counties in Kentucky. Of Kentucky's 120 counties, 53 are "moist," with limited alcohol sales, and 31 are completely dry."

Thanks. I can't open the link.

Just curious, does anybody have any knowledge about liquor licenses? Just wondering if there's a limit as to how many can be issued, or how much they cost annually.

 

I had heard for years that Kroger had maintained an option on some property in Crittenden, but was just waiting for the county to go wet. I don't see them coming to the county now anyways (because of all the jack they're currently pulling in at the Walton location). But, I do know there's another grocery store that's supposed to open in the next month or so in Williamstown. Didn't know if this'd impact their plans or not.

I'm no expert by any means, but I believe they allow for a specific amount per area. No idea on the cost.

Just curious, does anybody have any knowledge about liquor licenses? Just wondering if there's a limit as to how many can be issued, or how much they cost annually.

 

I had heard for years that Kroger had maintained an option on some property in Crittenden, but was just waiting for the county to go wet. I don't see them coming to the county now anyways (because of all the jack they're currently pulling in at the Walton location). But, I do know there's another grocery store that's supposed to open in the next month or so in Williamstown. Didn't know if this'd impact their plans or not.

 

Owsley County, where I live, voted to be wet about 4 years ago. It was about 18 months before license were finally issued by the state (a lot of paper work and red tape). Our county is allowed two liquor stores due to our population being only 4,500, so by that calculation a county with the population of Grant would probably be permitted at least 10 liquor store license. There's no limit to the number of beer/wine stores a wet county can have.

Wow im shocked honestly. Although the Judge at my precinct did say they had about 1400 absentee ballots turned in county wide so maybe I shouldn't be.

 

We will see what happens.

 

I think the lesson here is the younger generation is a lot different than when we were young and that is mostly a good thing.

555px-Alcohol_control_in_the_United_States.svg.png

Blue is Wet...Red is Dry...Yellow is Mixed

 

Of course this may be a little out of date.

I think the lesson here is the younger generation is a lot different than when we were young and that is mostly a good thing.

 

Your making an assumption the voter turn out leaned more younger people.

Your making an assumption the voter turn out leaned more younger people.

 

No I am not, speaking more to frame of mind. But I am not attempting to argue with you. Besides, going wet will get Grant County ready for going Green.

We're they moist in GC already? I thought restaurants in Corinth were allowed to sell alcohol.

 

Yes, Corinth, Williamstown and Dry Ridge had passed moist votes years ago. It brought in Larosa's.....woooooo!

Yes, Corinth, Williamstown and Dry Ridge had passed moist votes years ago. It brought in Larosa's.....woooooo!

 

Grant County needs a strip club to loosen everyone up.

Grant County needs a strip club to loosen everyone up.

 

Not needed, people run naked up and down the road down here all the time.

Not needed, people run naked up and down the road down here all the time.

 

If you think it is bad now wait until you go Green.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.