Will Grant County Vote for Alcohol Today? - Yes Alcohol Voted In

lawildcat

Does anyone have a count now on the number of wet vs dry counties? When I try to explain wet vs. dry to others outside of Kentucky they look at me like this:

the-best-of-the-skeptical-3rd-world-kid-meme.jpg

Grant County votes for booze

From the above link:

"That will soon change. Grant County joins 36 other "wet" counties in Kentucky. Of Kentucky's 120 counties, 53 are "moist," with limited alcohol sales, and 31 are completely dry."

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, does anybody have any knowledge about liquor licenses? Just wondering if there's a limit as to how many can be issued, or how much they cost annually.

I had heard for years that Kroger had maintained an option on some property in Crittenden, but was just waiting for the county to go wet. I don't see them coming to the county now anyways (because of all the jack they're currently pulling in at the Walton location). But, I do know there's another grocery store that's supposed to open in the next month or so in Williamstown. Didn't know if this'd impact their plans or not.

I'm no expert by any means, but I believe they allow for a specific amount per area. No idea on the cost.

Just curious, does anybody have any knowledge about liquor licenses? Just wondering if there's a limit as to how many can be issued, or how much they cost annually.

I had heard for years that Kroger had maintained an option on some property in Crittenden, but was just waiting for the county to go wet. I don't see them coming to the county now anyways (because of all the jack they're currently pulling in at the Walton location). But, I do know there's another grocery store that's supposed to open in the next month or so in Williamstown. Didn't know if this'd impact their plans or not.

Owsley County, where I live, voted to be wet about 4 years ago. It was about 18 months before license were finally issued by the state (a lot of paper work and red tape). Our county is allowed two liquor stores due to our population being only 4,500, so by that calculation a county with the population of Grant would probably be permitted at least 10 liquor store license. There's no limit to the number of beer/wine stores a wet county can have.

Wow im shocked honestly. Although the Judge at my precinct did say they had about 1400 absentee ballots turned in county wide so maybe I shouldn't be.

We will see what happens.

I think the lesson here is the younger generation is a lot different than when we were young and that is mostly a good thing.