Sports Can Break Your Heart! What is Your Worst Sports Heartbreak?

Science Friction

Losing 1-0 on a bases loaded walk off walk in the round of 8 my daughters final HS game . Needed 1 more run to reach the elusive final 4 and a trip to play on Akron Racers home field . And had a legit shot to win the state title . We lost twice to the eventual State champ in the round of 8 .

The Duke loss .

The Wisconsin loss is still bad as well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Getting my 3rd concussion (1 jr year 2 senior year after 4 games). Got called into coaches office and was told my playing time would become severely limited. All those years of busting my butt finally my turn and time to shine then nothing...I cried my heartout once I got home. Played sparingly 2nd half of season killed me just standing there watching it all come to an end.

First one that comes to mind is the 2012 12th Region boys basketball finals when Southwestern defeated Boyle County in my son's senior year. That was rough.

College-Duke losing to Indiana's furious at Rupp in the Sweet 16 in 2002 when they were supposed to repeat as national champions. Duke was up so much that CBS went away from the game and was showing us a different game. I'll never forget it. I still love you Jay! I still love you.

Pros-when the Buffalo Bills came from behind to defeat the Houston Oilers. I think the Oilers were up 35-3 or something like that and freaking Frank Reich came in for an injured Jim Kelly and led the Bills to OT and eventually the victory. The Oilers could never get over the hump and win a real playoff game and they were on their way that game. Then freaking Frank Reich happened.

First one that comes to mind is the 2012 12th Region boys basketball finals when Southwestern defeated Boyle County in my son's senior year. That was rough.

College-Duke losing to Indiana's furious at Rupp in the Sweet 16 in 2002 when they were supposed to repeat as national champions. Duke was up so much that CBS went away from the game and was showing us a different game. I'll never forget it. I still love you Jay! I still love you.

Pros-when the Buffalo Bills came from behind to defeat the Houston Oilers. I think the Oilers were up 35-3 or something like that and freaking Frank Reich came in for an injured Jim Kelly and led the Bills to OT and eventually the victory. The Oilers could never get over the hump and win a real playoff game and they were on their way that game. Then freaking Frank Reich happened.

I had it etched out of my brain memories. It's a good thing I was under age at the time of that game. I would have put Fat Tire out of business.

I've got 3...

1) ND vs. Boston College in 1993. Irish coming off the win against #1 FSU. BC took a 20 or so point lead in the 4th quarter, and the Irish came back to take the lead late, only to have Glenn Foley lead BC down for the game-winning field goal as time expired. ND still should have won the championship over FSU, but that's probably for another thread.

2) Game 6 2003 NLCS..."The Bartman Game"

I really don't blame Bartman, cause the signs were already there for an epic collapse. I'm convinced that #1, Alou wouldn't have caught the ball, and #2, the Cubs would have blown it anyways. They still had Game 7 at home the next night, but never have I been so sure that a home team was going to lose a Game 7.

#3 ND vs. Kentucky...2015 Elite Eight

The fact that they led for much of the game...still with a chance at the buzzer. If Grant's shot from the corner would have gone in, I really don't know what I would have done.