Bluegrasspreps' Class 5A Rankings (10/12)

Ram

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that "potential" Pulaski County visiting the winner of the CovCath v Highlands game to be VERY interesting, especially considering it will be played in Northern Kentucky.

Exactly the scenario I'm thinking of. If it plays out that way, a really good possibility that a team with 5 or 6 losses in the State Championship.

I think that "potential" Pulaski County visiting the winner of the CovCath v Highlands game to be VERY interesting, especially considering it will be played in Northern Kentucky.

No. It's not that interesting for real. The only way it gets interesting is if the CovCath/Highlands winner can pull off the upset and I don't see that happening. I could be wrong though.

No. It's not that interesting for real. The only way it gets interesting is if the CovCath/Highlands winner can pull off the upset and I don't see that happening. I could be wrong though.

Interesting for sure.

Come to play a playoff game on a Saturday afternoon in Park Hills, after playing under the lights on Friday nights. It's a big change in routine, and could very well be the home field advantage that Cov-Cath needs to pull off the upset in the playoffs.

It's not like Highlands has never pulled the upset. It's a different setting for sure when you walk into DCMS. The fans will be walking through the visitors sidelines, and there is no track between the bleechers and the side lines. Construction all over the place. Tough place to get a win.

I don't think it's as intriguing as you think. The best thing about that game is HHS or CCH doesn't need to pay for buses and suffer a long ride home after the L.

Interesting for sure.

Come to play a playoff game on a Saturday afternoon in Park Hills, after playing under the lights on Friday nights. It's a big change in routine, and could very well be the home field advantage that Cov-Cath needs to pull off the upset in the playoffs.

It's not like Highlands has never pulled the upset. It's a different setting for sure when you walk into DCMS. The fans will be walking through the visitors sidelines, and there is no track between the bleechers and the side lines. Construction all over the place. Tough place to get a win.

Pulaski County is better than people want to think. I get it that Highlands and CovCath are traditionally better programs than Pulaski County but Pulaski County is pretty good this season. I think NKY will find that out in November.

Highlands and CovCath will probably meet for the Regional Championship and the winners fans will think all is right with the world. Then the next week they could very well get the clock ran on them in the State Semi Finals. Unless one of those teams has a whole lot more than they have shown, they would both lose handily to Pulaski and probably also to Southwestern if they were to make it up there.

Highlands and CovCath will probably meet for the Regional Championship and the winners fans will think all is right with the world. Then the next week they could very well get the clock ran on them in the State Semi Finals. Unless one of those teams has a whole lot more than they have shown, they would both lose handily to Pulaski and probably also to Southwestern if they were to make it up there.

No chance a 5A team is going to put a running clock on either of them. Big difference in top ten 6A and top 4 5A this year. See Scott Co vs Pulaski and St. X vs BG.

No chance a 5A team is going to put a running clock on either of them. Big difference in top ten 6A and top 4 5A this year. See Scott Co vs Pulaski and St. X vs BG.

Don't be fooled by the comparative scores of Pulaski and HHS against Scott County. Pulaski was within 1 score in the fourth quarter. Highlands was down 33-0 by the time they got off the bus...everything they gained was with a running clock against 2nd 3rd and 4th string. Watch both games against a common and very good opponent and I think you will see they aren't very close.

Don't be fooled by the comparative scores of Pulaski and HHS against Scott County. Pulaski was within 1 score in the fourth quarter. Highlands was down 33-0 by the time they got off the bus...everything they gained was with a running clock against 2nd 3rd and 4th string. Watch both games against a common and very good opponent and I think you will see they aren't very close.

Didn't say they were close, said no one in 5A will put a running clock on HHS or CCH. I've already said there's a gap after the top four. Not an insurmountable gap but a gap nevertheless.

Man, I need to bookmark this bad boy for down the road. Wow....

I think people vastly overrate how close the top 5A are to the top 6A, they're not. CCH and HHS would certainly have to show a lot more than they have to compete if they make it to one of the top four though.