Bluegrasspreps' Class 5A Rankings (10/12)

Ram

I have been saying this for awhile now, but I will say it again..Graves County has potential to shake it up once again this year..they are beginning to come together at the right time..freshman qb who ranks 3rd in 5a in passing at 1195 total yards.171 per game..a RB who ranks 3rd in 5a in scoring.114 total.16.3 points per game..and a wide receiver who is 4th in 5a with 545 receiving yards.78 per game..hoping to beat Christian County friday night then set up the district championship at graves against owensboro..it that works our way then the road to bowling Green will be won from eagle field!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aggressive like a mint green striped Polo in Rupp Arena. Word.

Lets take a trip down memory lane. If I'm wrong I'm sure you will let me know. Wasn't Boyle County vs. Highlands the last game you were at in the fort? Did home field advantage play any part in the outcome of that game? I don't remember the score but it wasn't pretty. Did Boyle Co. walk through the gates think they were going to kick Highlands butt? Do you think other teams this year are going to have the same mind set as BC when entering the stadium?

Anybody that thinks Highlands can't put together 2 or 3 good games against teams that are in the same class, with their backs against the wall, are very uninformed. If it gets to that point I hope all visiting teams take Highlands for granted.

If it's not at HHS, just insert CCH.

Lets take a trip down memory lane. If I'm wrong I'm sure you will let me know. Wasn't Boyle County vs. Highlands the last game you were at in the fort? Did home field advantage play any part in the outcome of that game? I don't remember the score but it wasn't pretty. Did Boyle Co. walk through the gates think they were going to kick Highlands butt? Do you think other teams this year are going to have the same mind set as BC when entering the stadium?

Anybody that thinks Highlands can't put together 2 or 3 good games against teams that are in the same class, with their backs against the wall, are very uninformed. If it gets to that point I hope all visiting teams take Highlands for granted.

If it's not at HHS, just insert CCH.

Shoot nah. The entire state, including us here at Boyle County, expected us to lose that game. We were just hoping to keep it close and not embarrass ourselves that game. It was amazing Boyle was up at the half like they were and that year that first half against Highlands was one of their best halves all season. The reason Boyle County lost that game was because they played about 13 people total both ways. I believe that team lost 5 games that season. I believe you have your Boyle County teams mistaken. If it was 2009 or 2010 then yes, they would have walked in expecting to win because that was the mentality of those teams. The year you are speaking of is 2012. So yes, you are wrong.

And for the record, we all know Highlands and CovCath are capable of going on a good run in the postseason. No argument there. I just think, feel and guarantee that this Pulaski County team in 2015 will be too much for 5A NKY in 2015.

I don't. Nor did I say Pulaski would come north and get beat. Just that I've heard about the great Paducah Tilghman, Bowling Green, Johnson Central teams of days gone by and then when they met CovCath / Highlands in the playoffs / Championship, they got beat more times than not. This Pulaski team may be the best thing going, not saying they aren't, I'm simply saying their game in Northern KY won't be a walk in the park. Never once did I say they'd lose, just that predicting the game will be a boat-race in November is a little aggressive.

True, but how many of those times did Highlands have a record similiar to the one they have this year. Highlands wins more often that not, but with their performance thus far this seems like a 'not' year.

I believe that's what I said, isn't it?

No. You gave the win-loss record from the list of teams Pulaski has beaten (inaccurately by the way). You did not give the win-loss record for the teams Highlands has beaten.

Pulaski's 12-30

Highlands 1-13

Both are bad statistics, but Highlands is worse.