Bluegrasspreps' Class 5A Rankings (10/12)

Ram

You have very strong opinions about NKY's 5A football teams this year, will be interesting to see how things shake out over the next month or so.

Your "Pulaski would beat CovCath by 21", "CovCath is not very good", and "Highlands...in the same league as Pulaski this year is...comical.." takes are very strong.

Not sure what you're ascertaining from 4 hours away on those two teams given their schedules, and not sure how you're so confident about Pulaski given theirs, but good thing is, one of those games will come to fruition in NKY, so hopefully you can make it up for that one.

I'll bite on this one. How do you know he isn't right? What does where you live have to do with a team is good or not? Raider is not a Pulaski fan nor does he live there if you read his previous posts, so why can't a fan of neither team with nothing to gain be right?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you guys think it's wrong to question strong opinions and statements by someone who has not seen the NKY teams play and probably has not seen Pulaski Co play? I don't think MTGL said the opinions were wrong, just noted they were pretty strong for someone who hasn't seen the teams involved.

So you guys think it's wrong to question strong opinions and statements by someone who has not seen the NKY teams play and probably has not seen Pulaski Co play? I don't think MTGL said the opinions were wrong, just noted they were pretty strong for someone who hasn't seen the teams involved.

How do you know what W.E. Raider has seen?

I'll do you one better. I guarantee Pulaski County is in the state finals in 2015. Guarantee it.

How do you know what W.E. Raider has seen?

I'll do you one better. I guarantee Pulaski County is in the state finals in 2015. Guarantee it.

I don't but as a Warren East HS fan I can make a real good assumption as it would certainly be unusual for him to have seen any of the teams WE has not played, particularly those in NKY. If I'm wrong he can correct me, no problem but I think it was certainly worth the questions.

I haven't seen either squad live this year, but go with me on a journey.

a. Pulaski is defending 5A champs and have virtually the same team back. I did see that team play.

b. Highlands defense last year was not good, they had a D-1 qb concealing a lot of other flaws according to Highlands fans and much of the team graduated. I did see that team play.

c. They have a common opponent played around the same time of the year and the score when the Scott Co varsity was in was dramatically different.

d. Unbiased rating systems say the gap is huge.

I don't but as a Warren East HS fan I can make a real good assumption as it would certainly be unusual for him to have seen any of the teams WE has not played, particularly those in NKY. If I'm wrong he can correct me, no problem but I think it was certainly worth the questions.

Okay.

I haven't seen either squad live this year, but go with me on a journey.

a. Pulaski is defending 5A champs and have virtually the same team back. I did see that team play.

b. Highlands defense last year was not good, they had a D-1 qb concealing a lot of other flaws according to Highlands fans and much of the team graduated. I did see that team play.

c. They have a common opponent played around the same time of the year and the score when the Scott Co varsity was in was dramatically different.

d. Unbiased rating systems say the gap is huge.

Just concentrating on point A. alone:

This Pulaski County team went to the state finals as a predominately sophomore team in 2013 and played with one of the best BG teams of all times for about a quarter of so before BG took over. As juniors this Pulaski County team managed to overcome an injury to their Mr. Football candidate Riley Hall and sustain enough success for him to recover by the playoffs and they went on to win a state title last season. Now as seniors Pulaski County is stronger than ever but yet some folks want us to believe that Highlands and CovCath have a chance to defeat them when their own NKY brethren are calling both teams down from their normal standards?

I get it but I don't get it.

Oh, and E. The best win Pulaski has is ranked 5000 spots higher nationally than the best win Highlands has this year.

Considering Pulaski's wins are against teams with a cumulative 8 and 26 record that shows you how bad HHS wins are. No argument there.

Just concentrating on point A. alone:

This Pulaski County team went to the state finals as a predominately sophomore team in 2013 and played with one of the best BG teams of all times for about a quarter of so before BG took over. As juniors this Pulaski County team managed to overcome an injury to their Mr. Football candidate Riley Hall and sustain enough success for him to recover by the playoffs and they went on to win a state title last season. Now as seniors Pulaski County is stronger than ever but yet some folks want us to believe that Highlands and CovCath have a chance to defeat them when their own NKY brethren are calling both teams down from their normal standards?

I get it but I don't get it.

And yet you've mentioned your admiration for a poster who for years has come on the site telling everyone how his team is going to crush everyone in 6A on their way to the state championship. Every year for a team that has won nothing. You've said you admire his support for his team. Now you have fans of teams who have over 30 state championships saying they might have a chance at an upset for a team they would get at home in the playoffs.

Why the confusion? Do you think CCH and HHS have got where they are by giving up against any odds? I expect all reasonable fans of both programs know what we're facing.

And yet you've mentioned your admiration for a poster who for years has come on the site telling everyone how his team is going to crush everyone in 6A on their way to the state championship. Every year for a team that has won nothing. You've said you admire his support for his team. Now you have fans of teams who have over 30 state championships saying they might have a chance at an upset for a team they would get at home in the playoffs.

Why the confusion? Do you think CCH and HHS have got where they are by giving up against any odds? I expect all reasonable fans of both programs know what we're facing.

Wait, so now you guys want to be categorized with ukfan? You guys really have fallen off haven't you?