Bluegrasspreps' Class 5A Rankings (10/12)

Ram

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, just wondering why YOU have changed your tune.

Changed what tune? I never said I didn't admire your support for your team. I'm just telling you you're going to fall short of your hopes this year. Same way I always told him when he was wrong also. I'm still singing the same song like Digital Underground.

Changed what tune? I never said I didn't admire your support for your team. I'm just telling you you're going to fall short of your hopes this year. Same way I always told him when he was wrong also. I'm still singing the same song like Digital Underground.

Ok.

Strength of schedule can be as misleading as any stat out there. Play tough competition, get beat bad, but you can say "hey we played a tough schedule". I don't think so. If you are competitive on that tough schedule -even win one you weren't supposed to- then maybe yes, BUT if you have 3 running clocks and getting hammered, then you became the weak part of someone elses schedule, and you did not help yourself at all.

I'll bite on this one. How do you know he isn't right?

I don't. Nor did I say Pulaski would come north and get beat. Just that I've heard about the great Paducah Tilghman, Bowling Green, Johnson Central teams of days gone by and then when they met CovCath / Highlands in the playoffs / Championship, they got beat more times than not. This Pulaski team may be the best thing going, not saying they aren't, I'm simply saying their game in Northern KY won't be a walk in the park. Never once did I say they'd lose, just that predicting the game will be a boat-race in November is a little aggressive.

Strength of schedule can be as misleading as any stat out there. Play tough competition, get beat bad, but you can say "hey we played a tough schedule". I don't think so. If you are competitive on that tough schedule -even win one you weren't supposed to- then maybe yes, BUT if you have 3 running clocks and getting hammered, then you became the weak part of someone elses schedule, and you did not help yourself at all.

Agree overall. The only thing it tells us is it's tough to judge when comparing a team that has played a killer schedule and gotten hammered to a a team with a great W/L record against an average schedule.

Considering Pulaski's wins are against teams with a cumulative 8 and 26 record that shows you how bad HHS wins are. No argument there.

Highlands wins cumulative win-loss record is 1-13...just for kicks. Highlands hasn't came close to anyone with substance this year to be honest.

I don't. Nor did I say Pulaski would come north and get beat. Just that I've heard about the great Paducah Tilghman, Bowling Green, Johnson Central teams of days gone by and then when they met CovCath / Highlands in the playoffs / Championship, they got beat more times than not. This Pulaski team may be the best thing going, not saying they aren't, I'm simply saying their game in Northern KY won't be a walk in the park. Never once did I say they'd lose, just that predicting the game will be a boat-race in November is a little aggressive.

Aggressive like a mint green striped Polo in Rupp Arena. Word.

It won't happen but it would almost be comical if Highlands somehow makes it to State Finals. Again, won't happen but if it did every other team on East side of state will never make it to the end.

Attention East side: If you want a ticket to the dance, this is your year. You better take it while you can.