Bluegrasspreps' Class 5A Rankings (10/12)

Ram

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pulaski is an outstanding team and are even with BG in my mind with Oboro and Fern Creek a notch or two below. Then I think there's a good gap to 5 and below.

I think there's more a confidence in HHS and CCH fans than a disrespect to Pulaski. I believe a CCH team two years in a row has gone on the road to end an undefeated season for an opponent. Not sure but I believe CCH's record those two years left a lot to be desired due to their strength of schedule. That tends to give fans confidence in their team despite a poor record, particularly playing at home. HHS fans also have see their team come back against very good teams in the past and having the game at home, if they make it that far, also gives fans some comfort that they could find a way to pull off an upset. And make no mistake, seems like all the posters who are looking ahead realize it would be an upset if either team were to win at that stage.

FWIW I can't stand Pulaski Co as they have been my mortal enemy since 1st grade. But I do think they continue to get a lot of disrespect from some around the state.

Please don't take my posts about any team as disrespect, it wasn't meant to be. I'm just saying it's not out of question that CCH and HHS can pull the upset. Teams that travel a long distance in a bus and play in different surroundings could present problems for that team. Highlands and CCH have a knack of being extra good at home over the years. If not this year, so be it. If you've never been to a game at CCH, it's a whole new world from Friday nights. Just remember, it's why they play the game.

75 Center made some very good posts and I agree with him 100%.

A lot will be made of these rankings in a few weeks when Pulaski takes on Southwestern.. Although I'll be anxious to see how each team approaches it since there's a good chance both could meet again with a bit more on the line.

However, I'm certain neither team will want to face North Laurel in the postseason so this will be a huge game for both!

A lot will be made of these rankings in a few weeks when Pulaski takes on Southwestern.. Although I'll be anxious to see how each team approaches it since there's a good chance both could meet again with a bit more on the line.

How that scenario play out last season?

I'm throwing you soft balls here.

Highlands argument that they're in the same league as Pulaski this year is as comical as if Pulaski had tried to make the argument that they were in Highlands' league 5-7 years ago.

There is no comparison between the two 2015 squads. Pulaski is light years ahead of Highlands this year. Face it, Highlands is so bad on defense, that anybody with an Offense is going to likely beat them. Highlands is one of the state's two best programs, but this 2015 version is like the drunken, unemployed distant cousin of the Highlands family legacy.

Highlands argument that they're in the same league as Pulaski this year is as comical as if Pulaski had tried to make the argument that they were in Highlands' league 5-7 years ago.

There is no comparison between the two 2015 squads. Pulaski is light years ahead of Highlands this year. Face it, Highlands is so bad on defense, that anybody with an Offense is going to likely beat them. Highlands is one of the state's two best programs, but this 2015 version is like the drunken, unemployed distant cousin of the Highlands family legacy.

You have very strong opinions about NKY's 5A football teams this year, will be interesting to see how things shake out over the next month or so.

Your "Pulaski would beat CovCath by 21", "CovCath is not very good", and "Highlands...in the same league as Pulaski this year is...comical.." takes are very strong.

Not sure what you're ascertaining from 4 hours away on those two teams given their schedules, and not sure how you're so confident about Pulaski given theirs, but good thing is, one of those games will come to fruition in NKY, so hopefully you can make it up for that one.

Agreed.

You have very strong opinions about NKY's 5A football teams this year, will be interesting to see how things shake out over the next month or so.

Your "Pulaski would beat CovCath by 21", "CovCath is not very good", and "Highlands...in the same league as Pulaski this year is...comical.." takes are very strong.

Not sure what you're ascertaining from 4 hours away on those two teams given their schedules, and not sure how you're so confident about Pulaski given theirs, but good thing is, one of those games will come to fruition in NKY, so hopefully you can make it up for that one.

If I lived in NKY I would have a hard time believing Pulaski County is as good as some people say. Seeing is believing.

You have very strong opinions about NKY's 5A football teams this year' date=' will be interesting to see how things shake out over the next month or so. Your "Pulaski would beat CovCath by 21", "CovCath is not very good", and "Highlands...in the same league as Pulaski this year is...comical.." takes are very strong. Not sure what you're ascertaining from 4 hours away on those two teams given their schedules, and not sure how you're so confident about Pulaski given theirs, but good thing is, one of those games will come to fruition in NKY, so hopefully you can make it up for that one.[/quote']

You act like his opinion isn't right. This ain't your daddies bluebirds/colonels.