What are you doing today?

Pura Vida

My grandaughter's third birthday party in Evansville. K's dad and mom really outdid themselves. They built her a little wardrobe from scratch, and outfitted it with little hangers and baskets of dress up shoes and accessories and also provided several dress up outfits. K was overjoyed. She got SO upset when 2 of the men attending the party were moving it up the stairs to put it into her room. She thought they were taking it away from her. Poor little one was heartbroken. Mom and Dad hit that one out of the park.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Was at a High School Marching Band Competition at Pulaski County High.

-Field is a mess after last nights game in a constant rain storm.

-Periscoped for the first time two band performances - Nelson Co and Somerset, just playing around with Periscope.

-Home now, watching UT beat UF and waiting for the UK and Mizzou game to start.

-At some point between now and going to bed I need to prepare a lesson for my Sunday School Class.

DLG 3.0 had a softball double-header in Hamilton, Oh., left the house at 10:30 and didn't get home until 4:15. Went to the grocery store and returned home in time to get to 5:30 mass. After mass took 3.0 to friends house, stop at the Newcath "softball house" to drop off some supplies for a 6-team 14U tourney we are having next weekend. Came home and Mrs. Lawnboy had dinner waiting for me, after that was making my list and checking it twice for the softball tourney.

Wanted to make the 10 minute drive up to Ft. Thomas for the Bret Micheals concert, but just didn't make it.

Sampler platter from Flat Fork Pork. Ribeye steak sandwich from personal friend Skeeter. Pulled pork sandwich from Big Woo's BBQ. Smoked country ham and swiss cheese sandwich with slaw and apple butter from Hogaritaville. Sticky chicken and crawfish from the same guys I met at the Simon Kenton festival last Saturday.

Well, mcmama helped and some is going to mcdaughter tomorrow. Going to the Louisville Irish festival.

Went to Fire Up The Night at Coney with the fam. Few things in life better than some quality time with your brother watching the little ones play. Solid fireworks show and made a 30 minute saving move to get out of the parking lot quickly after the show. All in all a great night...

Yesterday, I packed and shipped some stuff home. After that, Mrs. S, my aunt, and I went to a cousin's grave site in Miamisburg. We then spent the balance of the day at a home in Eaton.

I'm at the airport, now, waiting to board the flight home to Tampa.

Started the day yesterday visiting and touring Peerless Distillery downtown (highly recommend if you're ever in Louisville). Very small, family operation, and they are all super nice.

Rest of the afternoon and evening was spent and NuLu Fest down on Market Street. Cool festival with lost of local vendors. Finished the night by having the closing set at Rye on Market for their Back Porch Sessions. Very successful set, if I say so myself.