What are you doing today?

Pura Vida

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to get to the Wool Festival in Falmouth. Since it was nasty and cold yesterday, my wife thought "let's go today, it won't be that crowded on the last day." I don't know why I did it guys, I honestly don't.

Well, the lineup to get to the parking was NUTS. When I got near the entrance to the park, which is about a block from the entrance to the Wool Festival, we were directed to parking areas up near the public pool. Everyone was to be shuttled from there in yellow school buses back down to the Festival area. When I saw the HUGE line of folks waiting to be picked up, I just turned the car around and left. Now, back at the entrance to Kincaid the cop allowed me to go right which was toward where the Wool Festival entrance was and folks were directing me to pull into that area to park. Lucky huh? Not so fast. It was pretty wet and muddy and when I pulled in there I could feel the car sink into the grass/mud area. I just didn't want to be stranded in the mud so I decided to leave.

Well, we did some errands for a few hours and, yes guys, I let the wife talk me into giving The Wool Festival another try. I know, I know, I don't know why I let the wife talk me into stuff like this when I know how it's going to turn out. Needless to say, the line of cars on the road to get near the area was at a standstill. After 35 minutes I turned around for home. I think I earned that husband merit badge today!

Woke up feeling kind of cruddy so I went back to bed for awhile. Woke up in time to catch the end of the Dolphins game. Cracked a beer and plopped myself on the couch to watch all the NFL games today with the puppy curled up next to me.

Still watching football and getting ready to order pizza for dinner with the girl I'm talking to and her two girls.

After last night's wedding party shenanigans, was awakened waaayyyy too early this morning by my nephew, lent a little bit of a hand cleaning up the reception hall, and eventually cut through the cobwebs enough to drive back to Bardstown this afternoon. Unpacked the car and went out to watch the tail end of the 4pm games at the bar and visited with friends.

• 3 weeks later...