2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only boy in 25yrs in bo. Co. Schools that has been allowed to move up!!! Doesn't it seem strange he's the varsity coach's son! Vince Rankin should have been able to move up last year, along w/others! Perfect examples: Justin D. Played D1 @ Xavier, David and Steven McFarland, just to name a few more bo. Co. Boys not given the opportunity to move up as 8th graders!!! And all the above mentioned are/were better, yet daddy wasn't the varsity coach!

I highly doubt this rule that is now in place has been in place that long.

TUESDAY 11/17/15 (Boys)

Woodland at Conner

Twenhofel at Grant County

Gray at Campbell County

Summit View at IHM

Highlands at Ockerman

Turkey Foot at Camp Ernst

Holmes at Saint Pius

THURSDAY 11/19/15 (Boys)

Conner at Turkey Foot

Gray at Summit View

IHM at Twenhofel

Ockerman at Campbell County

Saint Pius at Highlands

Holmes at Grant County

Exactly... But remember dad is varsity coach and NO boy in bo. Co. In 25 yrs has ever had the opportunity to move up from 8th grade... I could name several in the past 25 yrs not given the opportunity!

Several is irrelevant if they're not from Conner. How long has this rule been in place?

Why do we even have this rule? What's the harm in moving a kid up who is good enough to play frosh or JV?

Several is irrelevant if they're not from Conner. How long has this rule been in place?

Why do we even have this rule? What's the harm in moving a kid up who is good enough to play frosh or JV?

The rule is stupid period. All it does is hold back kids that excel in bb. There r several kids in the Boone Cty that could play frosh. But we can't hurt little jonnys feelings if he's a freshman and gets cut because an eighth grader toke his spot. So let's penalize the eighth grader for working his but off to get better!!

The rule is stupid period. All it does is hold back kids that excel in bb. There r several kids in the Boone Cty that could play frosh. But we can't hurt little jonnys feelings if he's a freshman and gets cut because an eighth grader toke his spot. So let's penalize the eighth grader for working his but off to get better!!

No, the rule was created so that the middle school principals could increase their chances for wining the middle school championship.

No, the rule was created so that the middle school principals could increase their chances for wining the middle school championship.

I'm sorry but I really don't believe that. The way parents r always whining about playing time or the coach is to hard on there kid bla bla bla. And now a days there's always a participation award so no one is left out. Most kids have no idea what it is to work and earn anything anymore but y should they they'll make up something to give out for them.

U want work for it!!!

I'm sorry but I really don't believe that. The way parents r always whining about playing time or the coach is to hard on there kid bla bla bla. And now a days there's always a participation award so no one is left out. Most kids have no idea what it is to work and earn anything anymore but y should they they'll make up something to give out for them.

U want work for it!!!

You do not have to believe it but my daughter was one of the few that caused the rule to be put into place. She was an 8th grader and made the varsity team but the Conner Middle

School Principal Linda Viox tried to prevent it from happening. In our meeting with her she said, "it is more important to win a 8th grade middle school championship, than to play varsity as an 8th grader." We went round and round with her and Superintendant Blavatt, but since there was no actual written policy that prevented her from moving up, they finally approved the move. The following year they came out with the current written policy.