2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

This is why I think the top two seeds after the Small tourney should get bids in the Big tourney. I think it would be possible

So, then, do the bottom two seeds of the big tourney play down in the small tourney? You know the big schools have some teams that struggle mightily as well and would benefit from playing smaller schools.

I think having divisions is kind of silly, but it seems to be working for most all of the schools, except for Beechwood (8th grade).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been many comments and discussions on this thread and others talking about the best players etc. With the thread clear I want to acknowledge a certain player.

One young man was mentioned earlier but didn't get much steam. The last two days I've watched Jay Jackson (8th grader at Blessed Sacrament) put on a shooting bonanza. Yesterday he was 7/7 and today he was 5/6 all from three point range. I've watch Jay grow up since he was 6 or 7 years old playing baseball and I'm really proud of the young man and player he has become.

Fall of 2014 we were playing in the SWOH fall league and towards the end of the season he and his parents came to me asking if I could help find him a shooting coach. Up to that point Jay was a streaky 3 man. He was physical with a great left hand. But, his shooting was very inconsistent. I got him hooked up Brad Redford who is an assistant from Xavier University. Jay started working and working. He started working as hard as any kid I've ever coached. Over the years I've had very few that are as driven as Jay. He is the president of his 8th grade class and as good a young man you can find.

But, don't be fooled by the perception he is a three point shooter only. His game is that of a shooting four man that can handle the ball. He's willing to defend the biggest kid on the opposing team and his brain allows him to block shots and rebound against kids you wouldn't expect.

Jay Jackson #31 Blessed Sacrament

I'm proud of you young man.

There have been many comments and discussions on this thread and others talking about the best players etc. With the thread clear I want to acknowledge a certain player. One young man was mentioned earlier but didn't get much steam. The last two days I've watched Jay Jackson (8th grader at Blessed Sacrament) put on a shooting bonanza. Yesterday he was 7/7 and today he was 5/6 all from three point range. I've watch Jay grow up since he was 6 or 7 years old playing baseball and I'm really proud of the young man and player he has become. Fall of 2014 we were playing in the SWOH fall league and towards the end of the season he and his parents came to me asking if I could help find him a shooting coach. Up to that point Jay was a streaky 3 man. He was physical with a great left hand. But' date=' his shooting was very inconsistent. I got him hooked up Brad Redford who is an assistant from Xavier University. Jay started working and working. He started working as hard as any kid I've ever coached. Over the years I've had very few that are as driven as Jay. He is the president of his 8th grade class and as good a young man you can find. But, don't be fooled by the perception he is a three point shooter only. His game is that of a shooting four man that can handle the ball. He's willing to defend the biggest kid on the opposing team and his brain allows him to block shots and rebound against kids you wouldn't expect. Jay Jackson #31 Blessed Sacrament I'm proud of you young man.[/quote']

I like his game.

Redford was never an assistant coach though.

There have been many comments and discussions on this thread and others talking about the best players etc. With the thread clear I want to acknowledge a certain player.

One young man was mentioned earlier but didn't get much steam. The last two days I've watched Jay Jackson (8th grader at Blessed Sacrament) put on a shooting bonanza. Yesterday he was 7/7 and today he was 5/6 all from three point range. I've watch Jay grow up since he was 6 or 7 years old playing baseball and I'm really proud of the young man and player he has become.

Fall of 2014 we were playing in the SWOH fall league and towards the end of the season he and his parents came to me asking if I could help find him a shooting coach. Up to that point Jay was a streaky 3 man. He was physical with a great left hand. But, his shooting was very inconsistent. I got him hooked up Brad Redford who is an assistant from Xavier University. Jay started working and working. He started working as hard as any kid I've ever coached. Over the years I've had very few that are as driven as Jay. He is the president of his 8th grade class and as good a young man you can find.

But, don't be fooled by the perception he is a three point shooter only. His game is that of a shooting four man that can handle the ball. He's willing to defend the biggest kid on the opposing team and his brain allows him to block shots and rebound against kids you wouldn't expect.

Jay Jackson #31 Blessed Sacrament

I'm proud of you young man.

Totally agree!! I listed Jay as one of the best players in nky in the 2020 class but I was told in this thread he was a second teir player to the other players mentioned by abbplayer. U go Jay keep up the good work young man!!

Redford is the trainer for Xavier. He's paid by them to coach basketball.

What do you call "trainer?" He is not on the staff. May do some work for the school. He has his own training business working with kids and he does basketball announcing. Not listed anywhere on Xavier's website as being on any of the staff.

What do you call "trainer?" He is not on the staff. May do some work for the school. He has his own training business working with kids and he does basketball announcing. Not listed anywhere on Xavier's website as being on any of the staff.

I don't know how he's paid or what his title is. I just know he invited me to a Xavier practice. Maybe he's the water boy. It doesn't matter. The point is Jay Jackson has earned it. He works. Players that want to improve will improve. Those that don't want to work won't improve.

I don't know how he's paid or what his title is. I just know he invited me to a Xavier practice. Maybe he's the water boy. It doesn't matter. The point is Jay Jackson has earned it. He works. Players that want to improve will improve. Those that don't want to work won't improve.

We agree on the kid. I mentioned him after seeing him in the Crusader Classic.

What I Bsac record??

3-0

Wins over Beechwood, St.Joe and St. Mary. I don't know scores but i think all were double digits. Blessed has a good team. They have Grant Disken who is a crafty little point guard. Personally, I think he's held back by the style they play. He's plays the transition game really well. They also have the big from IHM. They play St.Pius on the 28th. It should be good.

Totally agree!! I listed Jay as one of the best players in nky in the 2020 class but I was told in this thread he was a second teir player to the other players mentioned by abbplayer. U go Jay keep up the good work young man!!

I overlooked this last night. Someone said Jay is 2nd Tier?