2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

Can anyone confirm that the teams are still the same in each Division of if any new teams have joined or switched?

D-2 : SMALL SCHOOL DIVISION

Beechwood

Bellevue

Bracken County

Campbell County

Dayton

Ludlow

Newport

RA Jones

Sharp

Tichenor

LARGE SCHOOL DIVISION

D-1 : LARGE SCHOOL DIVISION

Campbell County

Camp Ernst

Conner

Grant County

Gray

Highlands

Holmes

Immaculate Heart of Mary

Ockerman

Saint Pius

Summit View

Turkeyfoot

Twenhofel

Woodland

NKMSAA Basketball Champions

Congratulations to the

Northern Kentucky Middle School Athletic Association

2015 Basketball Champions

D-1 Large School

6th Grade Boys- Highlands Bluebirds

7th Grade Boys- Saint Pius Panthers

8th Grade Boys- Gray Gators

D2- Small School

6th Grade Boys- Beechwood Tigers

7th Grade Boys- Newport Wildcats

8th Grade Boys- RA Jones Jets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood 7th has no business playing in the lower divison. They also added Draud to the mix this year. The 8th grade added Caleb Jefferson who I saw was the #8 player in the country for his age group. I bet he never dribbles a ball in practice or a game for the 8th grade..

I heard that McGuire & Skinner from the NKY Legends are coaching the 8th grade BW team. If that is true, I bet that team will be the best Middle School group regardless of small or large division, especially if they allow a couple of their 7th graders play up on the 8th grade team.

Doesn't have to live in Ft. Mitchell. Beechwood is an Independent School District.

I thought you did, my mistake if not.

Good for him on being ranked 8th. I hadn't seen that. I saw a post if he should have been or not above, but either way he should be proud and great recognition of a skilled player.

Looking forward to b-ball staring again. Conner has a couple of teams going at SOAS and NBN. My 7th grader this year is playing in the black top league in Erlanger...poor kid got destroyed by Maile (hope I spelled that correctly) and Draud. He was the leading scorer though so I guess that is something to build on going against bigger 8th graders.

I guess the question for the 7th grade upcoming season is will anyone beat Highlands?

Looking forward to b-ball staring again. Conner has a couple of teams going at SOAS and NBN. My 7th grader this year is playing in the black top league in Erlanger...poor kid got destroyed by Maile (hope I spelled that correctly)

Maile? You mean someone other than the Luke/Jake Maile bunch?

Caleb is a great player but that was not the 8th player in the country that was for that D2 national tournament. I do agree though he should play freshman ball to get anything out of it. He will role in 8th grade small division

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him playing JV and getting sub action at the varsity level before the year is out.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him playing JV and getting sub action at the varsity level before the year is out.

I know playing up factors depend on school district. At Beechwood, do you know if he is allowed to play Middle School 8th grade and play High School levels too?

I am curious because if what ABBPlayer said above about his AAU coaches are coaching 8th grade, it would be interesting to see if he moves up and doesn't play 8th grade.