2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason I used Highlands is because they seem balanced and skilled, good guard play and bigs. I don't see anyone coming in to Holmes or Holy Cross that catch them up to CovCath. If not Highlands, is there anyone else?

Sullivan at cooper always has his boys ready to play

Until school starts, and kids get enrolled and show up on the first day of school, I'd be careful about speculating who will be playing at what schools. I would not be surprised to see several kids moving around and wind up places you might not have guessed. I think there are 3 Catholic schools and 2 Independent schools that are always going to be in play for some football and basketball players, especially when you consider the academics. It's nice to make the FR team, but will suck when your son gets cut during his SO year. Or, has to sit for 2yrs, before he gets time during his senior yr.

I was at Villa and watched Austin Sweeney and Tyler Bezold play grade and middle school ball. Sweeney was by far the better player. He went to CCH and was good as FR. I think he made All Tournament team in CCH FR tournament. Playing time after that has been limited because of competition. Bezold went to HC, got great playing time, and will probably be 1st team All Region. Sweeney on the other hand has a State Championship ring.

Tough choices for some of these kids that want to play, and are good enough to play at some of the other schools.

BSac finishes out their season tonight in the finals of the Diocesan Tournament. Game time is 7:45 at Bishop Brossart against St. Pius. Should be a good one (understatement of the year!). BSac is looking to avenge their loss in the finals of the CCH 8th grade league tournament and to prove that their Elite Eight appearance in the KBA State tournament was not a fluke. These 2 teams have played 3 times already this year and St. Pius has won 2 of the 3.

Great game last night between BSac and St. Pius. BSac started off very hot and forged to a 17-3 lead after 1 period. St. Pius started playing tenacious defense and climbed back into the game and were down 1 in the final minute. BSac was able to hold on for the victory. Congrats to both teams for great seasons! BSac final stats: 31-4, only lost to 2 teams (twice to St. Pius and twice to North Pulaski County eventual state champs). Tournament champs: St. Henry Pre-season, Cardinal Pacelli, Diocesan End of Year, Ky state Elite Eight. Great year! Parents are looking forward to being able to root with the St. Pius parents at CovCath next year!

Great game last night between BSac and St. Pius. BSac started off very hot and forged to a 17-3 lead after 1 period. St. Pius started playing tenacious defense and climbed back into the game and were down 1 in the final minute. BSac was able to hold on for the victory. Congrats to both teams for great seasons! BSac final stats: 31-4, only lost to 2 teams (twice to St. Pius and twice to North Pulaski County eventual state champs). Tournament champs: St. Henry Pre-season, Cardinal Pacelli, Diocesan End of Year, Ky state Elite Eight. Great year! Parents are looking forward to being able to root with the St. Pius parents at CovCath next year!

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear my Pius boys couldn't pull it out. Pretty safe to say they are two of the best (if not the best) 8th grade teams in Cincy metro area this year. Also looking forward to these guys mixing it up together next year in Park Hills. Congrats BSac.